Two years ago...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kfay

Two years ago tonight, I was sitting in my hotel room, in lovely Rochester Mn., trying desperately to digest the most horrific Indian food dinner my loving husband had talked me into eating the night before my second OHS. I was past the nerves and was just ready to get it over with. Surprisingly, I slept very well.

If I'm going to be honest, I can't say that I have been happy with my decision to have had that surgery everyday in these past two years. The rhythym issues that I was left with as a result of that surgery, have at times, almost driven me crazy. However, they are now at a level that I can comfortably live with. I realized today that, in hindsight, it took me much longer to fuller recover than I thought. Again, I'm not sure if I hadn't developed rhythm issues if I would feel that way. Either way, I'm here and very thankful to be.

I want to thank all of you on this site who have helped me over the past 2.5 years. Luckily for me, I found you all before my surgery. Even though it wasn't my first go round at the rodeo, it had been many years since I had been there and I was terrified. Your advise has always been good, but having a shoulder to lean on that has been down that path before you was invaluable. I'm counting on you all to be here when I need #3!

Congratulations kfaye! I can relate somewhat. I am happy to be alive, but was not too happy about my slow recovery! We can only take one day at a time. It's good to hear you have the issues under control. I wish you happines, health and many more valversarys!

Oh Kim, I hear ya.
People wonder what my post surgery problem is cuz I look fine. But the arrhythmias can drive me to jump off the roof sometimes.....good thing I can't get up there. ;)
Congrats on your second, and stick around, we need u here. :)

Kim,
Congratulations on your 2nd valversary on your 2nd OHS. I'm glad that you are here since you contribute much to this forum. Rhythm issues have plagued me a few times and it was miserable. They are sort of like the hick-ups in that they seem to randomly occur AND randomly go away. Lets hope/pray that you find a nice sinus rhythm soon.
All the best,
John

Hey Kim, *CONGRATULATION* on your 2nd surgery anniversary. I sure know what you mean about the arrhythmias. Im with Bina, I often feel like I just cant stand this another minute. I pray you dont need a 3rd surgery. ((((HUGS)))) x

Well here's wishing you many, many more anniversaries to come & I pray that a 3rd OHS is far, far away still. But when & if that day comes, this great VR group will be here to support you & cheer you on every step of the way!

Salud my friend! :)

. . . Either way, I'm here and very thankful to be. . .
I feel the same way. I'm not looking forward to the next one either but this one has so far bought me nearly seven more years of a happy life. Best wishes and sorry I didn't see this sooner :)

Latest posts

Back