Two weeks Post-Op Last 4 INRs

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Z

zlever

Been having my blood checked every 2-3 days since surgery. Started out with INR 1.53 than 3.01 (changed from 5mg to 2.5mg) than 2.53 (stayed at 2.5mg) and now today I am 2.11 (3.0mgs every M,W, F--2.5mg every other day).
Getting kinda frustrating--how long does it take for them to get it right? I have been going to a coumadin clinic on Fort Lewis and they seem to know what they are doing. They told me I can now wait until next week-Monday to come back in for a test again. They always ask me if I am taking the 200mg twice a day of the amiodrone and I tell them "ya --you guys told me too". Looks like I will be on the amiodrone for another month or so.
Take Care All-Zack

INR Stability

INR Stability

Hi Zack,

If you're only about two weeks post-op having your INR fluctuate abit is probably normal. Mine was up and down as I went through recovery and did the rehab thing. In my case, I think the fluctuation was due to changes in my metabolic rate. There's a lot of things that impact one's metabolism. Exercise is the big one for me.

I still see fluctuation, but unless something major is going on, I can usually manage to stay within my zone (2.5-3.5).

I've no doubt things will settle down for you in short order. Your body is doing a lot of adjustments.

-Philip

Plus the 400 mgs of amnio will make the INR fluctuate for some time. Do some checking on that high of a dose since it seems to me that was the loading dose. The amnio will stay in your system so always take that into consideration as you see the INR's jump around.
Kathleen

It's rough for folks taking amiodarone. Give them a month and if it's not right then, post your INR history, amount your taking then per week, how often your testing and any other drugs your on, and we'll see if we can't get you straightened around.

Zack, don't worry it looks like you will be more stable in another week or two.
Post op I stayed in hospital for 16 days....only because my INR was fussy.
(I take 19 mg per week and can adjust with 1 mg if needed)

ONX trials

ONX trials

zlever said:
Been having my blood checked every 2-3 days since surgery. Started out with INR 1.53 than 3.01 (changed from 5mg to 2.5mg) than 2.53 (stayed at 2.5mg) and now today I am 2.11 (3.0mgs every M,W, F--2.5mg every other day).
Getting kinda frustrating--how long does it take for them to get it right? I have been going to a coumadin clinic on Fort Lewis and they seem to know what they are doing. They told me I can now wait until next week-Monday to come back in for a test again. They always ask me if I am taking the 200mg twice a day of the amiodrone and I tell them "ya --you guys told me too". Looks like I will be on the amiodrone for another month or so.
Take Care All-Zack
Zack,

Are you enrolled in the ONX anticoagulation trials? If you are, what INR range are you enrolled in? If your not enrolled, what is your INR range?

Latest posts

Back