Two fingers...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey,

The Respiratory Therapist in me is gonna kick in here:

this is called percussion, its used to assess the density of the structures in a person's chest, for example, if a person has pneumonia, their lung in that area is denser, the percussion note will be flat, kinda like a thud, if they have a collapsed lung with air surrounding it the percussion note will be drum like because of the fact that the chest is less dense in that area.

Now if they do it on your head, they could be checking to see if there's anything in there!

Some are docs are really good at this,I find it more of an art. There are
albums used for teaching what sounds indicate which symptom or disease.
I have never been a good listener and am amazed at those who diagnose
so easily via stethescope or percussion.

hey,

this is called percussion, its used to assess the density of the structures in a person's chest, for example, if a person has pneumonia, their lung in that area is denser, the percussion note will be flat, kinda like a thud, if they have a collapsed lung with air surrounding it the percussion note will be drum like because of the fact that the chest is less dense in that area.

Great information!

hey,

Thanks for explaining that. I wondered too. Sounds like our body is some kind of instrument

Latest posts

Back