Travel and Coumadin?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey,

Thanks for sharing.

Because I had a pulmonary embolism after a hysterectomy and a TIA about 3 weeks after surgery when my INR was around 1.3, I just worry what might happen if I am out of range the entire 2 weeks that I will be gone! I hope I am not prone to clotting events, but it sorta seems that way.
I KNOW my eating of greens will be increased and who knows what will be in all of those awesome entrees!

Directory of testing sites ?

Directory of testing sites ?

Somewhere I remember seeing a web site that served as a directory of coumadin labs - maybe in the mess on my desk ! Does anyone else remember seeing this ? That would be one way to insure you were close to a testing site. I've got to think that most hospitals and clinics are going to be able to do this so travel shouldn't be an issue unless you are really in the wilderness.

Thanks

Thanks

I thought Al might see that message and find the web site. I bought a book on "how to improve your memory "last week --- but I can't seem to find it ! Chris

Just a little side note. We had a friend on Coumadin that spent some time in Florida. She was supposed to get her INR checked while down there, had an order from her doc and a hospital and lab refused to take an out of state doc's prescription. What do you do then?:(

Or ask to talk to the person's boss. Especially Florida with all the snow birds. It's hard to believe that the administrators would not want the business.

The only time I've brought my machine with me on vacation was when I tested way out of range right before I left. I then had to retest in a few days after adjusting my dose. When I went to NYC for 11 days I left it at home. I normally test weekly, but it's okay to go longer. I just test the day after I return and go from there.
Gail

Latest posts

Back