Tovah's update 3 with great thanks to all of you!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tovah

Hi all my new friends:

My husband came home yesterday. It is as if a lightbulb was turned on. He is almost back to his normal self. He has a few cognitive problems (not bad), some numbness and tingling in his fingers, and his leg jumpst at night keeping him up at night.

THE MAIN THING IS THAT HE IS HOME AND HE IS FINE!

I do believe that he will get a little bit better each day now.

How do I thank all of you?

You made it possible for me to have hope, to be able to get to sleep at night, to not chastise myself over and over for helping make the wrong decision in having this OHS.

We're taking it one day at a time.

The biggest problem we have is that he feeels so good that he's not using his walker and I'm ready to dock him.

I give all my thanks and best wishes to all of you. I will continue coming to the board and hope that someday I can help someone like you've all helped me.

I still feel we have a little ways to go, but he's fine and his cardiologist says he's fine and I couldn't be happier.

Again, all my thanks.

Tovah:D

Oh my gosh!!! What wonderful news. I am so glad that he is finally making good progress. I shall continue to keep you both in my prayers. And yes, please stick around. Your opinion is highly valued. There are many people out there who would benefit from your experience. Very best wishes to you both.

WOW What a great update! I am so happy for the both of you, Unless he always used a walker or rebab told him to use it all the time, IF he is pretty steady, it might end up better for him not using it, since many places dont reccomend thim because too much weight on the arm and sternum.
Please keep us updated. As awful as it was for you to be going thru it, Hopefully this thread will give other people in the future going thru similar things, hope that their loved one really will recover with time, even if it is slower than "normal"

Oh my goodness! This post just made my day! Thank you so much for keeping us up to date, and sorry you had such a rough patch.

I was going to echo what Lyn said - that perhaps using a walker is not as beneficial as you would think. Yes, it does give stability, but it puts a huge amount of pressure on choulders and sternum. It also does not emphasize good posture - which is very difficult to get (back) to after open heart surgery.

What WONDERFUL news. Many of us have been very worried about your DH and you.
You are a wonderful advocate for him and it's great to read he is home and doing so well.

Of course, best wishes he continues to be better each day.
What a relief to read!!!! :)
And don't forget to take care of yourself during this process. It will do no one any favor for you to become ill from not taking care of yourself.

Thank you all so much!

I intend to return what was done for me by all of you and be a source of encouragement and, hopefully, some day, I can help someone else sleep at night as you all have done for me.

My best wishes to all of you.

Tovah

Good News

Good News

Glad to hear you and your husband are home.
I'm sure all will continue to go well. I'm sure when I'm done if I'm not using my walker if I'm told to that my wife will be booting me in the butt as well. Glad you are so concerned for your hubby, and I'm sure he is as well. Where would we all be without our better halves hey?

Tovah,

You certainly have made my day! I've been following your story and praying along with all the others. I'm especially interested because you and hubby have an age difference, and we (my wife and I) do, too. In our case, the difference is 9 years. Sometimes it seems to be nothing, sometimes it seems like a world of difference. These "big" things like major surgeries, are the things we all worry about when we have age differences. I'm so glad to hear that things are finally getting back on track, and hope that hubby soon makes up the lost time.

Wonderful news!

What a remarkable community we are.
For people from all over the world to come together on a public forum of this sort and care so much about each other. The world can use more like this.
Amazing how these heart diseases we have unite us to worry and pray for others we probably will never meet.
How lucky I feel to have found my way here.

Tovah, I have been following your posts from the very first one. I am so glad things are back to almost normal. Sometimes, being home is just the medicine the brain needs to kick things in the right gear. As the weeks pass do let us know that things are better and better. It made me very happy to read that your husband is doing better, and I hope you get to rest some too as well.

Latest posts

Back