Today is my 12 Valversary

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorraine

Hi Everyone,

Today is the 12 anniversary of getting my St. Judes Mitral and Aortic mechanical valves. My valves are doing great! I have had other issues like a mild heart attack in 2007 and a Pacemaker installed in 2012 because I developed A-fib and I have Tachy/Brady! My mechanical valves have been working great through it all. I don't regret having had OHS for one moment! I believe in living life to the fullest and taking one day at a time. I take a lickin but keep on tickin!

Hey, Little Sister!

Has it really been that long? It seems like only yesterday -- I was a newbie just diagnosed and, when I joined, you were "just back" from valve surgery. My, how time flies when you're living life! May you have many, many more great anniversaries. Any plans for getting together soon? We should celebrate, you know.

Hey Big Brother! :)

Yep it's been that long. Thank you, I plan to have many more too. :) I just got in touch with Gina. Told her we need to get together. We were thinking of sometime in April. I'll keep you posted my friend. It's been way too long. I hope you are doing well.

Thank you Duffy! If the valves are willin and the creek don't rise, I'm sure I will have many more to come!
Ottagal Thanks for the compliment about my great attitude. I feel having a PMA helps in the scheme of things.
N Jean: Thank you. I do plan to keep on ticking for many years. lol!

Thank you Superbob!
TheGymGuy: Thank you. I'm happy to share with my VR community as I know others are too.

Back