tired

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adrienne said:
I can't imagine a 74-hour work week even for someone in top form and no health problems!!!!!

You beat me to it Adrienne. I'm not saying I haven't done it on the rare occasion, but I was healthy then and it still took me several days to recover from having to concentrate on what you're doing (whether it's physical or mental) with sleep deprevation and no personal time to relax.

psalmist...you need to be fair to yourself, your family, and even your employer. Heart valve surgery is not something you "just get over". And working 74 hours in a week will set your recovery back. Do you think your employer will be more upset if you tell them you can't work 74 hours or that you have to go back into the hospital and can't work any hours? If you have to, get your surgeon or cardiologist to write a note specifying how many hours you are allowed to work until you see him for the next followup on your post-op progression. Dude I bet you knew 74 hours was just silly at that point in your recovery. :D I know you knew it. Your wife knew it. Everyone here knew it. It's time to let your employer know it.

Take care and Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays

Latest posts

Back