Thunderstorms on surgery day...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrichardson

So after my surgery date was set, I checked the forecast for that day...At first it said "Strong Thunderstorms", then it said "Thunderstorms", now it just says "Thunderstorms in spots".

I hope that the OR is soundproof enough that a surprise clap of thunder doesn't startle my surgeon. Though she's been doing this long enough now that she's probably at a point where very little fazes her during an operation.

She's gonna be AWESOME.

Hi

mrichardson;n864422 said:
...I hope that the OR is soundproof enough that a surprise clap of thunder doesn't startle my surgeon. Though she's been doing this long enough now that she's probably at a point where very little fazes her during an operation..

yeah ... don't want to have one of those "dang" moments with sharp tools in and around your vitals.

Imagine going in for vascectomy surgery - "well Mr Richardson, we have good news and bad news at the results of your vascectomy ... the good news is we are sure you won't be having unwanted fertility problems ..."

I find thunderstorms very soothing as long as I am not driving in one. We've had several predicted recently that never happened so don't put too much stock in the forecast. Even if there is one on that day I would bet $1000 it won't be the first your surgeon had to perform during. Like you said, the room will be constructed such that any disturbances will be kept to a minimum. No worries!

I still have some bad dreams about flooding. The building I work in has been flooded twice in the last 10 years, the last time we had over a foot of water in the entire 70,000 sq. foot facility. That took over a year to finalize all the repairs.

The gentle sound of rain on the roof, though, is often comforting and I find that this sound helps me to sleep - kind of like a natural "white noise" machine.

I would imagine that at the major surgical centers the soundproofing is better than average. Some of the OR's are even on the basement or sub-basement levels to avoid intrusions, etc. You'll be fine, I'm sure.

Latest posts

Back