This just in - DON'T SNEEZE !!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. . . Ok, here's a new one. I'm noticing a new pain the last couple days. Relatively minor, but noticable. Feels like a sore muscle at the bottom of my ribs/top of my stomach. It's on both sides which is kind of weird. Maybe just 'cause of the way I've been sitting in the recliner 18 hrs a day, but just wondering if anyone's had anything like that a couple weeks after surgery or if anyone thinks I should be concerned.
We could guess, this or that, but it can't hurt to call your doctor. Right? Hope it's nothing big.

Nope, doesn't hurt to breath, and that weird pain has gone away, but had a sweating session tonight, so will call doc on Monday (or sooner if anything else weird happens). I'm sure it's nothing, but rather be safe than sorry.

Just sneezed for first time since surgery (2 wks and 2 days ago). $#%&* $#!@# ! ! ! Ross - why didn't you warn me!!! OUCH!!! %$&^*@#$$ I think we need a new forum called DON'T SNEEZE AFTER SURGERY! Son of a $%^&$*(##$$ that hurt. Ok, all better now, just had to vent for a minute.

More hospitals should adopt what St Mary's here in Kitchener does. When waking up you do so with a 8 inch square RED pillow (easy to spot) the slightest cough or sneeze is aided by hugging the pillow (no not smothering with) all staff are in the habit of continually asking where your pillow is if you don.t have it at all times. After a whule it is just like a kid with a security blanket and then you are weened from it

Well, gang, I thought I had bypassed the pillow hugging business. I am one of those people who had no sneezes after surgery until about 6 weeks out and it didn't hurt much at all. I am afraid I may have been prematurely smug. At about seven months post op, however, I developed what my Cardio says is Costochondritis. The clamps that protected me earlier are of no help now. The result is that I have a lot more respect for your experiences now that I am keeping my pillow close by throughout the day. Still it seems a small price to pay.

Larry

LOL, I remember that first sneeze too! I'm like, oh yeah, that hurt! Felt like pins and needles all over my chest. I remember making it a point to not let it happen again for a while too, LOL.

you mean nobody at all warned you? I leave here for awhile and come back and find nobody toted part of my job! I always posted it to everyone just before surgery, so if you see anyone headed there, please tell them. We also have it in 'what to take to the hospital' thread. But no, please nobody sneeze for a month or more after your surgery because you think you died and went to h**l. at least you think you are dying. yes, yes, it hurts like the dickens.

o/w, you must be doin ok. Blessins..........

Latest posts

Back