Theme parks

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katiewintle

Hi may be a strange question but I am going to ask anyways.

I am going to a theme park on the 5th November for their fireworks party and the rides are open until 9pm. Now I have a metal right mirtal valve which was done august 2009. Am I safe to go on the rides? I am on warafarin also. I like the ones that go upside down, basically the most scary ones.

Katie
xxx

Hm. I think that is really, really, really a question for your surgeon and/or your cardio. Personally, I wouldn't dream of going on one of those rides. At least here in America there are some incredibly forceful ones that really whip you around or drop you suddenly. But a merry-go-round, or a calm roller-coaster, fine. Honestly. Please check with your doctors and even then, watch the people on the ride before you go on one.

Just my opinion! I know there will be others here who love these rides and will disagree with the nervous-ninny in me!! :tongue2::wink2:

Marguerite

This was talked about at great length on another site about ICDs being EASILY influenced by the strong magnetic fields the rides set up and the best advice I could give was to contact the parks "Guest Services" and your Cardio doc

Last edited:
My surgeon said it was okay. He couldn't understand why I would want to, but to go ahead if that's what I like to do.

If your unsure, check with your doctors, they may have a different opinion than mine.

Rides?

Rides?

Back in 2007, I asked my surgeon and cardiologist about risks associated with amusement park rides like coasters. Both told me to ride what I wanted. They didn't believe there was any real risk.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to check with your doctor.

-Philip

Hey
I do go on all the big white knuckle rides, alough it is against the advice of my cardiologist & heaatologist, although i a extra precusions as i am on anti-coagulants too, but i think have fun but take care would be the best way to go =)
Luv Sarah xx

Latest posts

Back