The Tin Man Checking in

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Tin Man

Hello, Almost two weeks after surgery and finally for the last few days anyway I do really feel better every day.
Spent Five days at Yale New Haven Hospital, almost seemed a little too short of a stay.
Ended up with a St. Jude Valve/ graft combo, originally asked to have a tissue valve but things didn't work out. It's probably just as well because having gone through the experience once I am not sure I would be willing to do it again any time soon.
Just wanted to thank all of you who contribute information, thoughts and opinions in this forum because it made my experience a little less nerve-wracking. :thumbup:

Glad things are better ... looking back there was a definite point when I noticed I was on the fast track mend .... the first two weeks or so were tough for me as well ... rest, eat and walk:thumbup:

congrats.gif
glad you are keeping the information flowing

Ended up with a St. Jude Valve/ graft combo, originally asked to have a tissue valve but things didn't work out. It's probably just as well because having gone through the experience once I am not sure I would be willing to do it again any time soon.

Congrats, Tin Man-
I was thinking the same thing this morning. I"m 6 days post op. If I had to do this again, I'm not sure I could right now. It was a lot harder than I expected, though outwardly I bounced back quickly and had everyone tell me how amazing I was. I'm really glad I got a mechanical for that same reason. They say the tough memories will fade with time. I have even more respect for those who have gone through OHS multiple times. Amazingly strong folks. I guess you do what you have to do.

Back