The strangest warranty replacement (so far)

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

realkarl

Radiation survivor
Supporting Member
1) Last week I called Hemosense (Inverness Medical) to have my almost new INRatio2 replaced, due to a broken OK button. The customer support lady told me I would receive the replacement shortly, and return the broken one with a pre-paid FedEx label. Sounds about right so far, for good customer support.

2) Yesterday, I received a box from them. My father, who is visiting to help me around the house after my PM implant, was the one signing for it, and put it on the table next to me, while I was finishing some computer work. Then, as I eagerly went about to open it, and check the new meter, I realized the box was so light -- and indeed, it was empty, except a shipping return label, with instructions on how to "unpack the replacement" and ship the malfunctioning unit back.

3) I called Inverness, express my surprised reaction, and the lady agrees with this, and promises to ship a unit right out.

4) So today, I find at my door, a FedEx express envelope. I think it has to do with my new St Jude pacemaker, but no, it's another shipment from Inverness. This time they had just sent me a return label. Did they want me to return the empty box from yesterday, I wonder.

5) I call them back, and learn that they have a backorder on the units until the end of the month, but she promises to ship me a whole kit this time. That probably means the DVD and manual and whatnot in addition to the meter..

So I don't know what the kit or package will contain tomorrow, but I am looking forward to another surprise, no matter what it may bring this time around :D

Expensive boo boo's.

Does make you wonder if there is any common sense left in the world, doesn't it?

that was my initial thought as well. "Where is my mind?"

I did not mention how they had mis-spelled my first name, my last name, and two places in the address line (I know I spelled it all out when I placed the warranty call).

Karl.

I had started to post a response earlier:

"Sounds like an Inverness employee is a Texas Aggie (Texas A&M grad)."

Then I thought better of it. (My nephew-in-law is an Aggie, my dad's cousin got his MS from A&M and my husband is an Aggie wannabee, having graduated from a college in the A&M system.)

But after reading the above, I'm posting it. :D

So sorry you are having such problems with what should be a simple concern.

The home monitor is such an absolute answer to what could be a big problem. I have no idea why this is happening now. But, after using home testing since March 2001,my husband will tell you that these concerns will soon be solved and you will have a very secure feeling once you get used to your new monitor.

Keep your chin up. The best is yet to be.

Blanche

Blanche: Not to worry, my existing monitor is working, and this warranty replacement trouble is more entertaining than annoying. The trick I have found is to press the OK button at an angle and a little on one side. It took a while to figure out, and I could have kept it, but for such an expensive device, I wanted one that had a fully functioning OK button, and not worry about it breaking after the warranty ran out.

It will be interesting to see what the next box brings, no cookies or $$$, I am sure, but likely the wonderful instructional DVD and user manual, maybe some alcohol wipes and gauze, a few pricks, and hopefully, a replacement INRatio2 meter. I will report back ;)

Yoohoo, replacement arrived. As expected, an extra Autolet lancet gun and 12 orange lancets, the manual, industrial strength AA batteries, and the instruction DVD. The OK button works flawlessly this time.

Now I hope their system knows I have received only one actual replacement, and does not expect me to return three (number of FexEx overnight shipments received).. :)

Now I hope their system knows I have received only one actual replacement, and does not expect me to return three (number of FexEx overnight shipments received).. :)

Perhaps you should call and speak to a human, if there are any there, and be sure the system doesn't do that to you. :D

I can guarantee you won't be charged. We do apologize for that. I work here at Inverness, specifically for Hemosense and the INRatio2 meters by themselves were backordered for exactly 1 day. We now have everything up and running again. You were very lucky to get the full kit as it usually takes approval for Tech Service to send that out as a replacement.

I can guarantee you won't be charged. We do apologize for that. I work here at Inverness, specifically for Hemosense and the INRatio2 meters by themselves were backordered for exactly 1 day. We now have everything up and running again. You were very lucky to get the full kit as it usually takes approval for Tech Service to send that out as a replacement.

Thanks! Please understand, when we, as patients, get locked into the computer system, sometimes it feels as though the humans don't know how to get us out, then it goes into this endless loop of insanity. :)

As a side note, I forgot Inverness took over Hemosense, but everyone at Hemosense has done nothing but the absolute best when it comes to customer service. I will never knock them for it.

Understand completely Ross. The best thing for you guys to know is that in Technical Services we have no way of actually charging you without your consent in an order form. What we are allowed to send out is product for troubleshooting, not product for orders. There is actually no way for us to ever bill you without you first faxing or emailing in an order form.

HemosenseTech: Thanks for your reply. I was not too worried, and I want to emphasize that Inverness' warranty replacement service and the help offered by the customer service reps on the phone overall has been excellent. The mistakes with the empty box and return shipping labels were corrected promptly and without hesitation, and I appreciate this!

Latest posts

Back