Talon tried to kill himself

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Babies and toddlers will put anything in their mouths, and we had similar experiences with several of our five children. Happily the grandkids haven't tried it yet, but you never know what's around the corner.
I'm glad he's ok and hope it never happens again.

Glad Talon is okay. My kids were here on vacation last week and we were telling all the grandkids bad things their parents did when they were small. One morning I woke up and our 2 sons,who were 3 & 5 at the time, were sitting in the floor with their baby sister who was about 18 months, eating peanut butter out of the jar. They of course blamed her for it.

THis is scary stuff -- kids and grandkids can give you gray hair fast. Very glad this episode had a happy ending.

Lord isn't this the truth! I went through it with mine, now they're going through it with theirs.

I know I had an incident happen while we were in Cleveland at my cousins house. Sucking on a lifesaver and my cousin slapped me hard on the back and I got that thing lodged in my throat. I could only breath through the little hole in the candy. My mom was going nuts trying to get someone to help. I ended up having a Garbage Truck for an ambulance and 3 very concerned sanitation workers all doing what they could. Got to the hospital and was getting a bit blue around the edges. Doctor walked in with this huge syringe and just seeing it scared me so bad that I swallowed hard and the candy went down too. Seems it dissolved enough by then to do it. But I do remember that event well. Used to be a running joke about the Stinky Ambulance in Cleveland.

I had an incident happen while we were in Cleveland at my cousins house. Sucking on a lifesaver and my cousin slapped me hard on the back and I got that thing lodged in my throat. I could only breath through the little hole in the candy.
Someone once told me that was the real reason that those candies were
called lifesavers...because the hole in the middle prevented immediate
choking...not too sure about that,but who knows.

Really glad to hear Talon okay - Dina

Glad Talon's OK and that his family has recovered, too.

My niece, now 34, did something like this when she was 1 year old.
One of our first cats did it too -- decided to start nibbling on a sponge. He was choking when I found him. I grabbed him and basically held him from the hind legs and dislodged the sponge piece. After that I had to try to outthink our cats. Can't imagine having to do it for a toddler!!!!!!!!!!

Live with a Labrador Retriever for 14 years.....I can't even begin to count the stuff that I had pulled out of her throat.
And my house is considered very safe.
The scariest was when doggie opened a cabinet and took a LIGHTBULB out of the package and started walking around with it.
Try to get it back without starting a game where she wants to clamp down. OMG.

keep us on our toes, don't they? an old man gave my toddler a penny once in a store and during that phase of her life, everything went into her mouth. got stuck and thought I was going to lose her right there in the store. up it came, tho.

glad the wee one is ok. hard to watch every single moment but that's part of raisins a young'un.

I just had him here for 5 hours and he's just fine. He's a rockin little dude. His dad says he's a hip hop baby. I say he's a Zepplin fan and all rock and roll.

Well, we've both had our share of horror stories this year with our grandkids (Braden getting kicked by the horse). I'm so glad that Talon is OK. It sure is very scary stuff! Don't they know we have "heart conditions"!!!! LINDA

I don't think there is a parent alive that hasn't. If so, maybe they should apply to the Guiness Book of World Records.

Good Grief Ross , enough to make you turn prematurely grey !!
Glad to hear that Talon is OK , must have given you all a big fright !!
Best Wishes Wendy

We went to my oldest sons baby shower yesterday and both, Chris and Andrea were there with Talon. He's perfectly fine and still as comical as ever. They held the shower in a church gym with carpeted flooring. He was having a blast crawling all over that gym chasing a red and blue basketball.

Ross, sorry that I have not been on & seen this post before. I glad everything turned out well. Next time call me!!!

Latest posts

Back