Swimming pool and "the scar"

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acr

Okay, I'm off on holiday soon aka vacation for you folks over the pond. So you're lounging round the pool, showing off your scar to the rest of the world. What's the best explanation you've ever come up with to explain away the scar when some 8 year old points at you and says "what happened to you?". I was thinking had a fight with a dinosaur, any bright ideas ?

Ade

Ade,

For anyone under 8 years old, say "That's my number. I'm number one. What number are you?"

John

Okay, I'm off on holiday soon aka vacation for you folks over the pond. So you're lounging round the pool, showing off your scar to the rest of the world. What's the best explanation you've ever come up with to explain away the scar when some 8 year old points at you and says "what happened to you?". I was thinking had a fight with a dinosaur, any bright ideas ?
Ade

Yes, you had a fight with a dinosaur...a huge purple dinosaur going by the name of Barney.:D:D

Yes, you had a fight with a dinosaur...a huge purple dinosaur going by the name of Barney.:D:D

Bina:

That's GOOD!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, your comeback should be age-appropriate.

For example, Bina's response would be good if you're asked by a kid. :)

Get asked by a teen, and mention a shark attack. :eek:

Get asked by an adult and mumble something about "her husband came home from work early and .... " :rolleyes: ;)

that's where the alien popped out......by the way, have you seen my pet?

I have a few I will use depending on my mood and the person.

For kids, strike the superman pose and say in a deep loud voice - That is my exclamation mark, I am Emphatic Man!

for others:

I cut myself shaving.

Pretend you have no idea what they are talking about then look down at your chest and go what the ... where did that come from?

and of course the story - I was in the city and saw a woman getting attacked, I ran over to help and the guy pulled a gun, I tried to wrestle it from him but it went off, that little hole is where the bullet went in and that long one is where they had to open me up to get the bullet out.

For some reason no one ever believes that one.

I spend lots of time at the pool, both kids are on a swim team that goes year round, I have found most people will not even notice and some will have this look of horror and disgust when the see the scar, it's usually more fun to be looking them in the face when they look up from the scar, the momentary look of panic, then confusion and the quick oh, someone is calling me act are hysterical.

Whatever you do have fun with it.

Not sure about an 8 year old but when an adult female walks by you at the pool and says, "Wow, that thing is huge!!!", you calmly say, "Yes, that's what she said." ;)

Latest posts

Back