Svt

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmyR

Anyone here facing SVT? I would like to know your experiences with it and also if you got it fixed, How?

I am sorry about that. But what are the symptoms of POTS? and how was she diagnosed with it?

;)It would be easier for you to Google it than for me to tell you. Yuotube has a lot of videos about it,too.

AmyR,
I had Svt, I guess most of my life, and it really wasn't a problem till I was in my 40's. I had ablation at the Naval Hospital in San Diego, CA. in 1998 and haven't had a recurrence since. I was I think very lucky however, that there was a Electrophysiologist from John Hopkins teaching some different techniques to the doctors there.

@carol -I will try looking up there.
@gary- what where the symptoms u had? Did you have the heart racing all of a sudden with just a jerk?

Yes I could be just watching TV and suddenly my HR would hit 145 bpm. I was lucky for the first 20 years as I was able to rub my carotid artery and take slow breaths in and it would stop in less than a minute usually. When it was getting to be 10 or more episodes a week they decided to let me try the ablation instead of the medication thank goodness. As you know its not a good feeling when it jumps like that. Its been 15 years and I sure don't miss it.

SVT is not fun. When i was one week post op and still in hospital, while sleeping at 3.am. my HR took off at 170 bpm. Docs gave me Sotalol and then Metoprolol.
Now I take Bisoprolol 2x per day and Metoprolol 1x per day for PVCs etc.

Thanks for the replies guys. I have a little different symptoms. It all starts when something gets me by a shock. Like some1 throwing cold water on my back or something striking me suddenly, else when i bend to pick something from the floor in a sudden, when i am working out with heavy weights or a shot at fowered centre when playing vollyball etc etc. I am not diagnosed with SVT but as per my online info i think it is SVT. Any comments on the same would be appreciated. :)

I had svt three months before my avr. I now know this was happening before this time but it would go away within a minute or so. The last time I had svt I was swimming and suddenly didn't feel too good. The odd feelings did not go away this time and I eventually ended up in hospital for several days. I need cardio version to put the heart back in rhythm ( it was running at 220 BPM for 6 hours before cardio version). I was put on amioderone and told it was time for the valve replacement.

i am done with my valve repair so i do not know what to do about this now. I tot it would go after valve repair but it did not.

Latest posts

Back