Surgery set for April 26 - BAV

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a4wanman

After a battle of a bacterial infection, I finally got my surgery date today to address my BAV and aortic aneurysm. Aorta is approx 4.5.

Surgeon (Dr. Chen at Emory) said he may be able to repair the valve, otherwise I will more than likely get a St. Jude's.

I will have a heart cath and CT the week before surgery, but will have to wait another week to find out that schedule.

I feel like I have won a trip after waiting close to 2 1/2 months just to get on the schedule!

Glad to hear you have a schedule now. It is at this point that it starts feeling a lot more real. I would suggest that you take advantage of the reference materials here on VR as you begin to plan for returning home and beginning recovery. Worry about the things you can do something about but not about those that are out of your hands. Let us know how we can help.

Ascending aorta will be replaced. I believe the CT scan is more of a "formality" to confirm the measurement. The heart cath is a just in case procedure. The way I feel, check/fill all fluids while the hood is up. I prefer to have all things fixed at once.

Scott

Latest posts

Back