Surgery Scheduled for April 24th...next Tuesday.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCC

Thank you everyone who posted on my previous thread. It is comforting to hear so many of you have had similar situations.

It has been a surreal week...meeting with surgeons, my cardiologist and my PCP. Everyone is on the same page and agree it is best to have this done next week. I am very confident in the surgeons abilities and experience. I am ready to get through this and start my recovery.

I will check into the Hospital on Monday the 23rd to get an Angiogram and preop tests. My surgery is scheduled for 1 pm on Tuesday.

I have an amazing family and knowing they will be there for me throughout this process means the world to me.

This will be the longest weekend of my life...the waiting is really hard.

JCC

Dear JCC,

You will go in one day ahead of me! So I feel we are kindred spirits. I am 56 (or is it 57?) and having my 5cm ascending aorta replaced Wednesday the 25th plus bicuspid valve replaced and having my angiogram the day before, though they will send me to a hotel. Wishing you all the best. Isn't this forum a godsend??? I read the previous thread of yours with great interest, relating so much to your tone of curiosity and need to grasp as much understanding as possible. I like what your vascular surgeon said, exact set of circumstances not so common but the techniques and concepts are every-day ones. Also glad to know you have a loving family and these times are great cementers for everyone of the importance of that gift with which you and I were blessed. The weekend may have some great moments of peace for you. That's my second wish. Since I get three wishes, I'll leave one open for you. Take care. -Les

As you have both heard before, waiting is absolutely the worst part of the whole thing. Good luck to you both!! Will be thinking about you!!

Good luck, you two. Hope everything goes smoothly. How well I remember the last couple days before my surgeries. Anticipation v. plain old fear.
We'll see you on the other side of the mountain!

I hope you are able to relax and enjoy the upcoming week-end. At this point, your course is set, and anticipating what's to come won't change anything.
I'd try to get some rest, eat my favorite foods, and spend quality time with family and friends.
Happily, by this time next week, you'll be contemplating your return home!
Godspeed!

JCC,
Sending you positive vibes for a smooth, successful surgery and quick recovery.

Thank you everyone who posted on my previous thread. It is comforting to hear so many of you have had similar situations.

It has been a surreal week...meeting with surgeons, my cardiologist and my PCP. Everyone is on the same page and agree it is best to have this done next week. I am very confident in the surgeons abilities and experience. I am ready to get through this and start my recovery.

I will check into the Hospital on Monday the 23rd to get an Angiogram and preop tests. My surgery is scheduled for 1 pm on Tuesday.

I have an amazing family and knowing they will be there for me throughout this process means the world to me.

This will be the longest weekend of my life...the waiting is really hard.

JCC

Good luck on your surgery, you'll be doing fine recovering in no time. I know what you mean the waiting is really hard! My surgery is scheduled for two weeks after yours, its seems like it gets harder every day. I'm sure everyone who's been thru this knows the feeling. But, there are a lot of good people on here, they made it thru this, and so will we. Hang in there. You will be better than new in the end.

Best of luck on your big day, as said..waiting sucks. I wish I could go back in time and relive my post op days without the worry. You'll do great!

You'll be on the other side of the surgery before you know it! Good luck and get some rest.

Tom

Good luck to you, so glad you are finally getting to that all important date. Anxiously waiting to hear your report from the other side!

I'm home! I spent three nights in ICU and two nights in the next level down. I was able to come home Sunday. Recovery is a huge challenge but I very happy to be home. Thanks again everyone for the support. I look forward to having discussions about recovery.

Back