Surgery on 4-25! This is my 1st post.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I do wish you well. Rest assured that most of the bad things that you think might happen to you will not actually happen. A positive attitude is your best way to cope. Listen, I had my surgery six weeks ago and I feel great. You will too.

Angio was a breeze and no blockage anywhere. 6:30 am tomorrow. Here we go. Feeling blessed and confident. Nice dinner tonight with family. Ah Family.

Can't wait to hear from you in recovery! Glad you had a good meal with the family. Nothing is more important. You'll be better than ever before you know it!

Tom

Angio was a breeze as predicted, nice dinner out with the family. Got pretty good sleep the night before. Surgery went well. the ICU was more challenging than I liked but less than I feadre. Nothing was beyond my ability to cope. Many ups and downs. Steady help of Beth, the woman in my life. The ICU staff chattered "boy does she keep him grounded!" I had the BENTALL Procedure. I would not do anything different that I can think of.Well, maybe keep n with the narcotics thru day 4 or 5 and maybe tae some home. The ups and downs are amazing.

Angio was a breeze as predicted, nice dinner out with the family. Got pretty good sleep the night before. Surgery went well. the ICU was more challenging than I liked but less than I feadre. Nothing was beyond my ability to cope. Many ups and downs. Steady help of Beth, the woman in my life. The ICU staff chattered "boy does she keep him grounded!" I had the BENTALL Procedure. I would not do anything different that I can think of.Well, maybe keep n with the narcotics thru day 4 or 5 and maybe tae some home. The ups and downs are amazing.

ICU was my least favorite part of the process too. I'm glad that you have made it to the other side of the mountain. Sleep as much as possible and then get a lot of walking in. I found that moving around as much as possible really jump started my recovery. I hope that everything continues to go relatively smoothly (ups and downs will continue for a spell). Good luck Les! Life begins anew....

Tom

I am through!! Surgery & ICU were last Wed. Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun each with their own challenges, all surmountable. Monday (today) the discharge and ride home. Thank you Valvereplacement.org for the comfort-in-numbers along the way. Hindsight - I'm glad I didn't spend more time worrying. My care was excellent. Thank you to the Mayo Clinic Staff, Nurses and Doctors. Thank you to Beth who stayed right in close 24/7 through everything, and even saved the chicken scratch notes I wrote to her while my breathing tube was in!

I've been posting in "Post-Op", so my apologies if anyone was looking here for post-surgery update and saw none of the good news I've had to share. Surgery was good, great, recovery has been mostly bump-free. I am so blessed and fortunate and grateful. And a giant thank you to VR.org. Trying to give back some now...

So glad to hear that you are doing well Les. I hope that the recovery goes well for you! I'm curious to know if you're a fellow Vikings fan. I am convinced that my surgery happened sooner than it should have due my allegiance. No team has broken more hearts than they have! Now that we've been fixed (and a new stadium has been secured) we'll be ready to weather the next 30 years without worry. If you don't follow them, just ignore my rant about them and take care throughout your rehab. :)

Tom

Latest posts

Back