Surgery in 2 days!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bw00

Hi everyone,

Thursday is the big day! Tomorrow (wednesday) I will be going to the hospital for some tests and I will stay the night there. And then on thursday at 7 am I will be taken to the operation room. A little update: There will be no mechanical valve placed. It will be a ross or a valve repair, they'll decide that once they open me up. It will be done at the AMC in Amsterdam. To be honest, I'm still quite calm surprisingly haha! I am a bit nervous about not being on the children's care unit. Since I am 18 now this will be the first time being in the hospital without my parents staying there overnight as well. But it will all be okay :). This site has helped me keep calm, and I was able to find all the information I was looking for here. It was all of great help, so thank you very much! I will posting again after the surgery, since I know reading your stories was really helpful to me!

X Berit

Hang in there - you are young and able to bounce back far faster than us "middle-agers."

At some of the hospitals in the US, the cardiac sections have extra beds in the patient rooms so that a spouse or parent can stay the night. Do they do that in The Netherlands?

Wishing you all the best. Will be looking for your posts when you're on the other side.

I believe Berit is a young lady. :)

Best wishes to you for a speedy recovery! May that calmness stay with you throughout your journey.

Berit:
I am still in the waiting room, so haven't been where you are yet. But, I sure admire your attitude! You will do just fine.
Be well,
McCbon

Latest posts

Back