surgery date set

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharlea

Hi all,
My surgery is set for Oct. 20th. Now, that it is set-up it is like "Oh, my gosh, this is really happening!" I'm to go in the day before for lab, and CT angiogram. They will keep me over night then. I am to have it robotically,(mitral valve repair) and supposedly that is why they need the CT. Well, I'd appreciate any information from those who have had it. It is all kind-of scary!
Thanks,
Sharlea

I had my mitral valve repair on October 20, 2005, so as far as I am concerned, it is a lucky day!:D I am sure everything will go well.

Sharlea, I had an angio about a month before surgery and it was completely painless. I was sore for several days when walking but if yours is right before surgery that won't be a problem. :) I think most surgeons want an angiogram done prior to surgery just to make sure there's no blockage in your arteries, just as a precaution. Good luck on your upcoming surgery, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Hi Sharlea,

Just wanted to wish you a warm welcome! Unfortunately, I don't have an experience to share re: robotic mitral repair, but can appreciate 'how real' everything gets when a date is set. My CT angiogram was pretty uneventful.

This is a fantastic forum where you can come for comfort, answers and just a listening ear. Hopefully reading members stories and seeing how well most do post-surgery will help give you some peace of mind.

I think October is a lucky month! I am a week behind you in surgery and will be cheering you on!

Welcome, Sharlea! You have come to the right place for loads of information and support. Ask away with any question that comes to mind and you will be sure to gets lots of answers from the nicest group of people. I found this site 10 days before my husband's OHS and now he is one month post-op and I have learned so much and am so thankful to be a part of the VR.com family. Don't be afraid. Like ottawagal said, reading the stories of others will hopefully make you feel better and before you know it your story will be inspiring the next person who is awaiting surgery.

Nadine

Thanks to all of you for your warm welcome. I do have one question. I had a heart cath in March of this year. The surgeon wants a CT angiogram before doing the surg. What is the difference?
Sharlea

Thanks to all of you for your warm welcome. I do have one question. I had a heart cath in March of this year. The surgeon wants a CT angiogram before doing the surg. What is the difference?
Sharlea

I think Bill above might have been talking about a Cath like you already had.
I'm not sure what your question is, about what is the difference, are you talking about between the 2 tests (how they do them) or what the results are? I'm not sure why you need both, unless your surgeon wants to look at more of your aorta than the cath showed, os since the cath was over 6 months ago he wants a more recent picture.

Latest posts

Back