Surgery date March 7th!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ambriz

Juan went to meet the surgeon today and was given a date of March 7th. Looks like he is going mechanical and hoping or an ON-X but if he needs another part of his valves replaced he will have to get the St.Jude.

Surgeon says he has moderate to severe regurgitation.

Last report we saw it said mild to moderate but the surgeon says that report was in error. So it seems we are getting in there not a moment too soon. I'm scared but excited and really wish he could just take off work till the operation date. I want him home relaxing!

He wants to try to get a little time off.. hopefully a doc will give him a few days because we are so unprepared.

Getting a surgery date is both scary and exciting. March is a good time for surgery; Juan will be recovered and ready for summer vacation when June rolls around. Best wishes going forward.:smile2:

Ambriz - I will be sure to "pave the way" for Juan. . . my surgery is on March 1.

I agree that March is a good time. This way we will be back up and running before the spring and summer weather, so we can once again enjoy life.

Go Class of 2011!

I love that! Class of 2011! wheeee thanks everyone! We appreciate the prayers and thoughts. :)

Gotta have some fun . . .

Gotta have some fun . . .

Well. . . If I can't be the President of The Waiting Room anymore, at least I can run for Class President, Class of 2011.

Class of 2011 -- love it! All best Ambriz to Juan and to you. (I agree that working at least some in the month beforehand may be helpful to him; it was to me). And all best to Steve, former caretaker of the Waiting Room and now president of the Class of '11!
:D:D:D

This is good because we were tired of saying that we were class of '87 lol that seems soooo long ago now!

Superbob - I plan to work right up to the day before I check into the hospital. I spend too much time thinking about this stuff as it is, so I'm far better off doing something that actually absorbs my thoughts. (The paycheck helps too, duh!)

I also spend time reading in the evenings because that, too, fully consumes my conscious mind. I used to love running because I could let my mind process all that was to come, but my surgeon and cardio are telling me to stay out of the gym until they release me after surgery. I have to agree -- I wouldn't want to over-do it and blow something out this close to getting all the plumbing and hardware fixed!

So far, the only "mental" issue is that sometimes I get to sleep OK at night, but I wake during the night and have trouble falling asleep after that. Very frustrating when you add a bad night's sleep to an already exhausted and struggling body. Makes some of these work days seem to be a week long.

Back