Sunburn?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james

So we have had only two sunny days since my surgery and on both I have burned badly. I never did before.
Could this be from the drugs? Anyone?
Lisinopril 5mg
Torpol XL 25mg (will be off soon)
and Plavix 75mg.

Thanks

Too Much Sun?

Too Much Sun?

I've always blamed getting sunburned on my lack of diligent use of sunscreen. Too much sun...too little sunscreen typically results in my wife jumping my case about not taking care of myself. Now, I can simply blame the burn on the meds. Kewl, I can't wait to use this one.

-Philip

Philip,
My wife still jumped my case. I hope it works out better for you than for me.

I remember reading that another drug commonly used after OHS, Amiodarone, causes sun sensitivity. Many people have it IV in hospital even if not continued and that drug has a long and variable half life - even Doctors are not sure how long it takes to clear out the body.

I remember reading that another drug commonly used after OHS, Amiodarone, causes sun sensitivity. Many people have it IV in hospital even if not continued and that drug has a long and variable half life - even Doctors are not sure how long it takes to clear out the body.

Its good you mentioned this since it is summer, but Amiodarone CAN cause your skin to turn blue/grey from being in the sun http://circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/full/113/5/e63

Latest posts

Back