Sudden Spike in heart rate

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercia

Just celebrated my 2 year MVR anniversary. Just wondering if anyone experienced a sudden spike or increase to heart rate, by just bending down to pick up something or moving your arms, a little - from 78bpm to 156bpm and then just stays there for about 15min or more and goes back to 78 as long as I sit down and do nothing

My heart rate spiked suddenly while driving last weekend and I could not get it down trying all the the known methods for about 3 hours. Ended up going to the ER after my BP also spiked. They slowed it down by giving me Metoprolol intravenously. They could not tell why this is happening but suggested a see my doctor as soon as possible.

I am very active and worked out daily for at least an hour - but have noticed about 2 weeks ago - some sudden weakness - could only do about a 1/6th of by exercise routine. I did cut back a little thinking that was just one of those days - but it has been getting worse. Now unable to work out at all - due to this. I am feeling really tired and a little out of it - as if someone hit me in the stomach.

Mercia

Sounds like exercises induced afib. Time to wear a holter monitor and try to make it happen again.

Might be what is called Supraventricular Tachycardia. You might want to do a little research on that. Might not be that, but sounds similar.
Agree that it sounds like a Holter monitor would be useful, as others have said. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back