strong abs help alot.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mac

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hi all,

Well I'm 11 days post op. biked 9 miles yesterday, 15 min x 3 mi morning
15 min x 3 mi mid day and 15 min x 3 mi evening, stationary bike mild resistance, plus my walking. Today just 3 mi bike but alot of walking.
Anyway One thing I wanted to add to the pre op site is, if you are a month out from surgery and are young enough to do ab work, do it. You won't regret it when it comes to getting out of bed, the chair...etc. Let the ab's do the work and you will not feel the need to try and pull or push your self up out of bed or the couch. It has been working for me, it may work for you.

11/19/09
1 by-pass
AVR Carbo medics mechanical
Dr. Suri
Mayo Clinic

Thanks for the heads-up, Mac. I'm trying to get back to peak fitness before my surgery next year. I hate ab work the most, but I'll make sure I don't slack off! :)

Your fast progress is fantastic!

Michele

Fitness

Fitness

Yeah, having strong abs definately helps deal with the post op stuff, but is also helps to be in decent overall physical shape prior to surgery. Of course, how much one can do is often affected by the condition that needs to be corrected via surgery.

-Philip

No question that being in the best physical condition each individual can manage reaps huge benefit.

Congratulations, Mac..... Sounds like you are doing great. Be careful to not overdo it. You are not that far out from surgery.

Mac, that is great that your doing so good 11 days out. That truly is inspirational. Thanks.

Being as fit as possible definitely helps a lot. After my surgery date was set I had about 3 months to prepare. I joined the cardio rehab programme (of course at my own expense as insurance won't pay) and the joke there was that I am doing rehab even before surgery! I worked though as I could get fitter under strict supervision.

;)What great advice, and also a great source of motivation when I'd rather lay on the bed watching NCIS, eating a box of Cheeze-Its..!!!! Many thanks!!

Latest posts

Back