stroke Forum?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labguides

I joined this group 6 years ago when our daughter had heart valve repair at age 26. I learned so much from this group. Now, she has had a stroke. Is there a similar forum/board for stroke patients/info?

Her stroke was just a few days ago. It appears that she will make a full recovery.. she is texting which shows that she can use hands/fingers/read. She needs assistance to get to bathroom. She seems to understand what the MD tells her. However.. I want to learn more about strokes.

It is nice to see you back, but not for the reason. I am so sorry to hear of your daughter's stroke. It sounds like she will have a good recovery in time. She will be in m prayers.

I am so very sorry your daughter has had a stroke. There is a great deal of information out there, and I hope you will find support both online and locally that will help you.
I sincerely wish your daughter a complete recovery. There is discussion in medicine now of the "plasticity" of the brain - and the ability of undamaged areas of the brain to assume the function that was affected by the stroke.
From my experience with my husband, I just want to encourage you. I learned not to be discouraged by anyone who would limit our hopes for recovery - I just focused on every possible therapy to help him.
Have they fully determined the cause of the stroke? My husband, and others that I am aware of, had what is thought to be a rather unusual cause - fine, hair-like tissue developed on the intake side of the artificial valve. Some of it broke off and went to the brain. If we had not found the underlying cause - which was not obvious - he would eventually no doubt have had another stroke. So, in his case it was not a blood clot - his INR was well controlled and in range. I hope they clearly know the underlying cause behind your daughter's stroke.

Best wishes to your daughter and all your family,
Arlyss

So sorry to read this and hoping for that full recovery. Best wishes :)

Latest posts

Back