still sinus tach...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

socalhome

hi 3 weeks post op, still sinus tach (90-100's-on 100mg metropolol), today episode of a fib confirmed at doctor who recommended more meds (digoxin and anticoagulant). went out of a fib after 2 hours...now back in "normal" fast sinus. Anyone have similar experiences? how long did this last? getting a bit down, hoping it would resolve quicker.

I was in a different situation - I had so many rhythm irregularities that I opted for a pacemaker a few days after valve surgery. I did, however, have afib. My last bout of afib, as recorded by my pacemaker (you can run, but you can't hide from it), was 4 weeks after valve surgery. From my meager sample size of 1, I would guess that you are still in the time frame where this may occur. Since that run of afib at 4 weeks, I haven't had a recorded incident of more than 5-10 seconds, which we have ignored. Oh, and I am almost 2 years post-op now.

P.S. The pacemaker cannot "stop" afib, it can just record whether it happens or not.

Latest posts

Back