Still feeling down 6 months down the line

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello John,

I've got to say, I believe that is great advice! I certainly do believe that staying home too much, definitely DOES NOT HELP! I also believe, you must be prudent, with the medication. Especially the anti-depressants and anxiety pills.

Good luck, and be happy!

Jane

Hang in there – I’m almost 8 months out and the emotions are crazy some times – finding someone to talk to helps and many friends in the medical field encourage me to give it at least a year. The process of arranging my thoughts into intelligible sentences helps me to figure out what I am feeling and thinking so I can make a choice on the reality rather than reacting to a vague sense of disorientation.

There is another possibility – and that would be your age and that whole change of life thing. I had some depression after my son was born 28 years ago and was prescribed progesterone (it is the non dangerous part of the old hormone replacement therapy) and that has been helpful – a small dose 2.5 mg when I am at the point of wanting to burst into tears or strangle some one and an hour later I’m back to my old self. Keep talking to your doctors and talking to your friends – somewhere in there you will find relief.

Ann

Jane,

I forgot about the change of life issue. That COULD BE PART OF THE PROBLEM,
IF YOU ARE at that age. Hormone therapy DEFINITELY helped me. Fortunately, I had been through most of that when I was diagnosed, and by the time I had the surgery was past it. I remember feeling very melancholy, and weepy! Sometimes I felt like I was loosing a grip on myself! After taking hormones for about 3wks, those feeling subsided.

Good luck! It does get better!

Latest posts

Back