Stem Cell

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cp172

I know someone that has been having serious heart problems. He had to go to Canada to have a valve replace through his artery/vein. He is now planning to go to Salt Lake City for stem cell repair of his heart. He hopes the treatment will result in his ventricular being strengthened. He says his EF is 15%. He will probably end up on a heart transplant list.

Anyone hear about the stem cell treatment in Salt Lake? Was news to me.

I'm just guessing - but maybe because he didn't fit into the trial groups going on in the US??? Just a thought.

I have tried diligently to get someone to give Brian a stem cell treatment but nobody will because of all of his other problems. I have seen some papers that suggest good results are possible. Please keep us posted on how your friend does, I would be very interested. I really am amazed at the pace of medical advancement. Even 6-7 years ago Brian would have died instead of being able to get the LVAD and pacemaker that he needed.

I have read some good things about stem cells aiding damaged hearts, among other things. They don't seem to work for everything, though.

Sadly, there are also a lot of phonies and scams (particularly in the Far East) that are using this as a lure to separate the desperate from their money. That may be one source for some of the negative things that have been printed.

I will be interested to see how this works out in Salt Lake City.

Best wishes,

Nupur and Lynlw..Thanks for the article.They were an interesting read.

My friend went to Canada becuase he could not get the replacement procedure done in the US. He had to find a doctor that would preform the procedure and he found one in Canada. I will keep you posted on his progress.

Science is advancing so fast you have to believe that stem cell or something similar will provide a major breakthrough in a few years.

Nupur and Lynlw..Thanks for the article.They were an interesting read.

My friend went to Canada becuase he could not get the replacement procedure done in the US. He had to find a doctor that would preform the procedure and he found one in Canada. I will keep you posted on his progress.

Science is advancing so fast you have to believe that stem cell or something similar will provide a major breakthrough in a few years.

Did he try to get in the US trials for the valve or did he not meet the criteria, (basically healthy enough to survive OHS)

Latest posts

Back