Staying the Course -- 11-21-2016

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
More manic a Monday than ever -- what is it about Mondays? Anyway, happy STC everyone! And happy turkey and dressing and pie day upcoming, for those who do the traditional feast. Good news from my cardio: I have no aortic aneurysms, ascending OR descending! YAY! However, she will grant me a good-boy report only if I agree to supplement my dawgwalking with regular workouts in workout room. Glad she hit me with that actually -- weight is gradually creeping back on -- I hate it when doctors just ignore that and pretend everything's hunky-dory....

Okay more later.....Got more to do to complete this manic Monday.....

Cheers to all,

Superbob

Good news, Superbob! The trade off seems fair. You can do it just like you do with staying the course.

Good news Superbob and yes it's nice to be held accountable by the doc. Even more, if a patient LOSES, I dunno, forty pounds, maybe notice and show them a little love instead of ignoring that. Not like that ever happened to me, or anything.

Great news, SB! ! ! I'm very relieved to hear that.

I think your doc is a "keeper." When they come across with actionable advice that just makes sense, and present it compassionately, they are worthy of your patronage.

I love it when docs act like people.

Appreciate the supportive comments -- indeed, it is nice to get good news from all the heart monitoring. Steve, I agree completely -- my cardio is great -- she is genuinely interested in fitness and family life, and shares her own experiences. Is fun to talk to -- and informative and supportive.

As for adding aerobic workouts to supplement the slow dawgwalking, I am thinking about trying to find a reasonably priced recumbent bike...getting to the workout room is something that can fall through the cracks on days filled with errands, taxi driving for grandkids, doctors' visits for DW and myself, etc etc. I could bike at home while watching sports on TV! Honeybunny, sounds like your x-bike is working out well -- can you refresh my memory about how you came by yours and what model it is? Obviously I need one that can handle a 250 pound guy, but our house has not a lot of spare space so a huge bike might not fit in well. Of course, I might come across one at a yard sale but I think those have slowed down this time of year.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Superbob

PS: and I AM going to make every effort to get by the workout room (honest I am) whether I buy a recumbent bike or not. (And it needs to be a recumbent model so that my spinal stenosis doesn't flare up.)

Happy Staying the Course, everybody! Great news, Bob!

I have been getting lazy and I can tell because I just feel a bit "blergh" so I have decided to become a little stricter with forcing myself up out of bed - starting this morning. Nice little 5km run but it is soooo hot here already!

Latest posts

Back