Staying the Course -- 09-28-2015

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Staying the Course, Staying the Course -- hey, shouldn't that be a song title?

Yesterday, in a post-game interview, I heard Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson say, "Stay the Course, Stay the Course, Stay the Course, Stay the Course." At least four times in a row, I swear I did. Welcome to our world, Russell. He was speaking in the context of losing a couple of games, but moving ahead, moving on.

That's what we do, too. Would just as soon have not had the mountain to climb, but we did, and now we're staying the course.

Okay, now I am setting a poor example: After nervous eating through some tense football games (the Vols unfortunately did NOT stay the course in 4th quarter versus the Gators), I am delaying any weigh-in by moi til Wednesday. Any of y'all who are more dedicated (which means most of you) are welcome to do a Monday weigh if you wish.

Stay the Course, Stay the Course, keep on keepin' on....

Cheers,

SUPERBOB

Down to 151.4 this morning BUT weigh-in at Baylor clinic with clothes I was 150.8. Go figure. My scale is accurate as far as I can tell.

Surgery in two days. Ready to have it over and done.

honeybunny;n858782 said:
Down to 151.4 this morning BUT weigh-in at Baylor clinic with clothes I was 150.8. Go figure. My scale is accurate as far as I can tell.

Surgery in two days. Ready to have it over and done.

Goodness, honeybunny, I knew you were in the waiting room, but I didn't realize the date is so soon. I'm sure your diligence with fitness will work to your advantage in recovery. The best thoughts/vibes/prayers of Stay-the-Course folks will go with you. Please keep us posted when you can. We will look forward very much to your return.

Last edited:
The forum's acting up. When I checked Today's Posts, it shows that there has been only one post, and that was Honeybunny's. I sure hope she receives our well wishes before heading to surgery tomorrow. I did weigh yesterday, and I'm down four pounds total for the past two weeks. I was able to get an evening walk in yesterday, and with the forecast of cooler weather this week, I hope it is the first of many.

good progress, Duffey! Better than me. I am Vivofit-tracking my steps, but taking a lot of them inside because it is so darn nasty/drizzly/humid outside -- looking forward to that Canadian air said to be on its way. Will go to the gym to work out today. Maybe I will weigh tomorrow.

The problem seems to be with the listing of just the first response to the starter post, but far as I can tell, you see all the messages when you go ahead and click into the thread. So I think honeybunny is getting all your supportive messages.

sending best thoughts to honeybunny this morning -- assume she's either in prep for surgery or surgery's started by now. She seemed to be very well prepared in the days and weeks before. I'm sure she much appreciated all the good thoughts sent her way by our Stay the Course stalwarts.

Found and Lost Department: As for weight, I appear to have lost the two pounds I found last week. So it goes with me, lose some, gain some, back to status quo ante pigum... Guess the secret for me would be to lose 4, regain 2, lose 4, regain 2.....

Comfort food alert! Heavy rains, thunderstorms, flooding in coastal region (and inland too) expected next four days! Food stocked, available to calm nerves. Weighing out of the question. No hurricane landfall expected, but lots of hurricane-influenced storminess.

Back