Status update!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meganmitch

Hey everyone, i just wanted to let you know my husband is recovering very well!! Because so many people are concerned about his status and i get busy caring for him and our daughter, i have made a web page that is updated daily and covers his status at that time. I encourage whom ever is interested to visit the site below!!

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/michaelgann

(Im not a very good blogger, so please bare with my entries)

FROM THE LINK PROVIDED for those that cant get there

What a long day it has been today for Michael. The doctors told us yesterday that this would be the hardest day in his stay here because of walking, removal of tubes, and being completely off sedation and boy were they right!

This morning they began removing drainage tubes because of the immense pain he was in. After about 30 minutes he began to get some relief in his neck and back area. Ironically, he hasn’t had much pain associated with the incision site or breast bone that was cut. Later in the day they removed both catheters and he was able to get up and walk. Unfortunately they walked him too hard and his face turned pale and his lips blue. He was able to get back to the room and get his breathing and heart rhythm under control. The plan now is to walk him short distances more frequently.

Since yesterday we found out that Michael has bad sleep apnea, diabetic, and has horrible cholesterol. Though the diagnoses are something we didn’t want to hear, we are glad that we found out now so that we can address everything at once. These are all things that can be changed through diet and exercise, something that we can together.

So despite a few hurdles, Michael's recovery is going very well. He is trying to rest right now and will resume his therapy tomorrow as when I will resume his updates!

Thanks Greg.

Megan, wishing Michael continuous progress. The Diabetes may be a temporary reaction to the surgery. My blood sugar level went up very high right after surgery, and by the time I returned home, it was normal.

Latest posts

Back