Start new job tomorrow

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenda

I start my new job at the Pediatric Clinic tomorrow. I can hardly wait. It's a part-time position working days. My husband hasn't like me working evenings at all. We have argued more these last ten months than we have in 48 years of marriage. My marriage is more important then some stupid job! I will be the receptionist/secretary, and it's through the same hospital that I work for now. The pay is the same, just less hours. Now I will acutally get an hour for lunch. I'll be off Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons. Before I was lucky if I even got to eat for 30 minutes. As most of you know I worked in General Surgery. The pace is very fast and it was a very stressful. I was having to take my nitro pills everyday, so I knew I had to find something else or it was going to kill me. The morale in General Surgery is very bad right now. The nurses are overworked because so many people are quiting or getting fired. It's un-real. Most of the time one nurse will have seven patients. That's too many for a patient to get quality care. The nurse techs most generally have anywhere to 13-14 patients a piece. We had a patient code last Friday and die. She was found laying in the floor and no telling how long she was there before someone walked by and saw her laying there. Another patient coded tje same day and was sent to ICU. I'm afraid because of the lack of care they are going to get sued one of these days. I am still going to volunteer every other Saturday at the desk in ICU. If they ever had an opeing for unit secretary in ICU I would go there in a heartbeat! I really like ICU. I have volunteered there ever since I had my AVR in 2005.

So glad to know that you finally were able to get a less stressful job Glenda. I worried about you & all the stress you were under with your other job & your state of health. Glad you listened to your husband & I'm sure that it will greatly improve your homelife. Nothing's more important than your health but then you know that better than anyone, don't you? :)

Enjoy your new job & stay well! :)

Last edited:
Good for you Glenda. Sounds like this will work better all the way around. I hope this is much less stressful for you and hope you like it. Best of luck to you.

Happy to hear your back in action! Enjoy it to the best of your ability. I know you have a lot of that!

I've never been out of action, not for very long anyway. LOL I just got home and I'm exhausted. I didn't sleep very well last night probably because of the anticipation on starting a new position. There is so much to learn and it's a completely new computer scheduling program. One doctor saw 59 patients today and the other saw 29 patients. It was unreal. The nurses said this is the busy time of the season. I believe it! ! I love the children and I relate to them very well. It's so different from working on the General Surgery floor. They have already called me from General Surger asking me if I would work PRN until they find a replacement. That means they would want me to come in as soon as I got off from the Pediatric Clinic at 5:00 and work until 11:00 pm. I told them "no way!"

Dear Glenda The Good, I am so very glad to read this news! Glad you didn't give in, and go back to general surgery until they find someone too. 48 years in a happy marriage is really worthwhile protecting. Besides, spring is coming, and you'll need your energy for some tractor time!

You know you are right although it will have to be in the afternoon on Tuesday's and Wednesday's when I mow now but that will be fine. I do miss a lot of the people at the hospital and one of them called me and asked if I would be interested in being the secretary in ICU, that the secretary there now will be having her baby in June and she isn't coming back. Now, why couldn't that happen sooner! ! I would love to go to ICU but I don't know if that would be fair to the Pediatric Office. And I also think Freeman's has a rule that you can't transfer from a positiion for six months. The job there is a lot less stressful than the job I am doing now. In fact on Saturday's when I volunteer I do that job already. This is something I will have to sincerely pray about.

GLENDA!

Congratulations on the new job!

Nice Avatar pic, btw ;). lol

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker * NoreastrTrek.Aug2010 *
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Everybody knew it was the end of the line" ... Jimmy Dean ... 'Big Bad John'

Latest posts

Back