Something you dont know about me

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well...I slept horrible. I had dreams about my dad and mom all night. I wokeup at leasst 5 times or more. I am going to try the patch again overnight tonight because I am not sure if maybe I was having those dreams because people were telling me the patches would give me nightmares or was it all in my head! So tonight one more try with the patch. I am so tired this morning. I am a zombie! BUT I am starting day 4 !!!

JoJo, I just want to say congrats on making it this far. I don't have any experience with smoking but I have heard people say that it was a very difficult thing to quit. If you have made it to day 4, I have to think you are off to a fantastic start.

My husband and I both grew up with parents who were prolific smokers. We both talk about our horrible vacation trips to the beach with the windows rolled up and our parents smoking us out. I don't know how they could even see to drive through all the smoke! Growing up like that turned both of us off for life... neither of us has ever smoked even one cigarette.

Keep up the good work, you can do this!

Kim

You know that you have a big fan club right here.

You know that you have a big fan club right here.

JoJo:

I know what you mean. The nights were the worst at first.

Someone told me that there are three things that might help...
They are lots of water, lots of walking, and lots of deep breathing.

When I woke up at night, I would just walk, barefoot, around the house. That worked well until I hit the TV stand and broke my little toe. Lots of water, at night, was not a good idea. I would fall asleeep, then have to wake up and answer the call of nature.

What did help in the night was the deep breathing. I got used to doing it and it lulled me to sleep many-a-night.

I hope you hang in there, woman. Truly, things will get better...much better after the first few of weeks....You are going through the worst now. The best is yet to be.

Regards,
Blanche

You go JoJo...!

You go JoJo...!

JoJo -- it helped me to realize that nicotine is eliminated from the body within 2 to 3 days. You're already there....hooray for you..! Now, you just have to get through the 'physical and psychological chemical dependence' and we all here know that you can do it.:D

"Tobacco smoke contains a stimulant nicotine which forms a strong physical and psychological chemical dependence (addiction). The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention claim that nicotine is a "very addictive drug" that can be "as addictive as heroin or cocaine." Dependence is strongest when tobacco smoke is inhaled into the lungs and increases with quantity and speed of nicotine absorption. Nicotine is typically eliminated from the body within 2 to 3 days, however, physical and psychological withdrawal symptoms may last for much longer depending on the individual."

One day at a time..

You can do it JoJo

You can do it JoJo

Noel quit cold turkey some 46 years ago....wasn't any such thing as patches or gum back then so he stuck a toothpick in his mouth...he must have used enough toothpicks over the year to cause the environmentalists to have a heart attack. :) My brother also quit after being a 3 pack a day smoker but not before it had damaged his lungs beyond repair. He died of emphysema in 2004. Since I am Robbie, Noel's other-half I am more than happy that he gave up the nasty habit as I am allergic to it. By the way, Noel passed his 2 year mark of VR in November of last year and he is still doing great.

I use to smoke years ago, about the time they were going to .79 a pack! It was hard to quit but I did it and I can't stand the sight or smell of those things. That is one of the worst things you can do for your health, bad for your heart! Stop it at any cost and do it now! Good Luck, the third day was the worst and I chewed alot of gum and those suckers! A friend of mine quit two years ago and she was almost three packs a day hard core she used that new drug chantrax? not sure of the spelling but it worked for her. It did have some side effects!

4 days is amazing! well done JoJo...you are past the worst of it...you have done great so far...food must be starting to taste good again and you must be able to smell those stinky people who smoke...stay away from them!

I have been quitted (yeah I know thats not a proper word!) for over 3 years now and its great!

Hi Everyone
I had a great night sleep even with the patch one. I feel so rested this morning. I hope that continues for today because let me tell you, at work yesterday I was a zombie. I was a little edgy too. AND THIRSTY! I am eating ice and drinking so much water. WHY AM I SO THIRSTY??? I like it though...I dont mind at all. Smells are nuts, I dont think I like my soap...LOL - now that I can actually smell it. Went to Olive Garden last night, everything is salty. I cant believe how things taste. My taste buds changed...LOL! Well today is day 5. Lets do this!

I remember using the patches, i never had nightmares but dreams were very vivid almost thought they where real. Glad you are doing so well, keep up the good work, stay strong.

your past the hard part at this point. You've proven to yourself you can do it, now you get to start reaping the rewards. Your house/car/clothes won't smell AND your going to have more $$ in your pocket. win/win/win all the way around !

Time is going by fast, I have to say yesterday was the easier day yet. I know I am going to have bad days...Last night the hubby and I had an argument and I wanted to smoke so bad. But I didnt, I breated, washed my face and went to sleep. I slept real good last night and had good dreams even with the patch on. I am nervous for today. We are going to the laundry mat which we would smoke in between loads. UGH I am nervous for this weekend. Tomrorow my hubby is goign ice fishing and I am going to my parents to hang with them for a bit. I cant be home. Its tempting here in the house still. So, I am on day 6, feeling almost normal physically now...and my skin on my face is clear, no adult acne popping out. I want all of you to know that this week I was also PMSing, so ladies you can understand the double wammy I went through. I will post tonight and let you all know how my day went! Jo

Way to go JOJO i had surgery Jan22nd and spent close to 2 weeks in there

Got home last mon night and haven't even thought about it,i'm sure it

would make me throw up now,as even food smells and tastes bad right

I was just reading your post and wanted to let you know i have no desire,

or intention to continue this horrid habit,i did slow down alot prior to

surgery to 2 day then finally as the wait ended i wasn't too much relying

on them any longer and it's been great since my return home.

Bouquets to you and best to you in your smoke venture,you will do fine.

zipper2 (DEB)

on them any further

well...I slept horrible. I had dreams about my dad and mom all night. I wokeup at leasst 5 times or more. I am going to try the patch again overnight tonight because I am not sure if maybe I was having those dreams because people were telling me the patches would give me nightmares or was it all in my head! So tonight one more try with the patch. I am so tired this morning. I am a zombie! BUT I am starting day 4 !!!

I was going to say that it might give you bad dreams if you use the patch at night. I used to fall asleep with a dip in my lip and I'd have insanely violent dreams and wake up shortly after I fell asleep.

Tonight will be ONE week for me - 730pm. My hubby went ice fishing for the day. I might go see my parents today or I might do some house cleaning, I really just dont know. This will be my first day alone tackeling the NO SMOKING. I might even watch a movie or two, I love wacthing movies that totally takes my mind off of smoking. Being online is hard because thats where I smoked all the time so I am not yet really enjoying surfing the net that much. I will though, each day I spend more time on my PC without looking for those cancer sticks.
Well...thanks all - Jo

Latest posts

Back