Something you dont know about me

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
one of the best things you can do is try to form new habits that you don't associate with smoking. When I first quit I had to give up coffee and beer for a few months. My routine was a cup of coffee on the deck with a smoke while the dog did his business. So instead I started walking the dog which the dog loved and was good for me also. When I smoked I would go through a 1/2 pack on the golf course, seemed I would light up every other hole. THAT was a toughie because I wasn't going to give up golf. So instead of a smoke I would snack on sunflower seeds. The patches were keeping the physical urges at bay, it was the mental association that I had to get over.

Keep up the good work, your really doing great !

I made it to day 8 and officially starting my 2nd week. I ended up staying home yesterday and I wish I didnt. I made it through the day not smoking of course but I got depressed, not sure why. Maybe PMS, I dont know but I was sad and this morning I am sitting here at work and alittle sad too. Is this all normal? Then I ask myself was smoking all I ever did??? LOL - I am being serious. I have all these weird feelings. I dont want to smoke, I know that but I am a little depressed. I want to know IS THIS NORMAL???

Yes, this is normal. When I first quit smoking, that is all I thought of. It will get easier after a while. There is no doubt, it is HARD! I hope your day is better today. Maybe work will help.

Ross - you are so funny - you still know how to make me laugh in spite of it all! Thats why I keep on coming back!!!

Best of luck to you! This will be the best thing you will do for yourself! I quit April 14th 2005, I used the patch which worked for me. You have to want it! Little did I know that by quiting, starting to walk, prepared me for what I found out in Oct of 2007 that I needed my Aortic valve replaced.

JoJo,
Good for you! I just read through this thread, and saw your last post. Have you considered taking anything to help you out the first few weeks? I had a girlfriend who tried to quit many times, unsuccessfully, but 2 years ago she finally did it by using the patch and also Wellbutrin (not sure of the spelling), I think that helps with the depression you are describing. Best of Luck, you have made a great decision. Hang in there!

It sounds like you are doing well. The feelings of depression should just
go away on their own. I had anxiety real bad,then a few days later the
depression hit me,but it didn't last but a few days and the next time I
thought of it --it was gone. Then I was feeling happy that I could walk
faster and not get out of breath. I also felt 'cleaner' somehow.
Now my problem is that my husband still smokes. Not in the house,but
on the terrace,and I smell it. He has slowed way down-a pack will last
him a week,but it is hard for me at certain times,like if I'm upset. That is
why I said a week ago that its so good you two are quitting together.
And with that,Ross is right,in that your DH will have more stamina:D

Latest posts

Back