Some photos of Cameron's Surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice album! Looks like it was just in time to get that surgery done. Your old valve looks shot, and the new one looks so shiny and nice! Good for you!

Neat pictures!
Looks like he is doing great.
Thanks for sharing.

Makes me flinch to see anyone on a ventilator. After my AVR I was put on a ventilator three different times. Last time was for 5 days.

I ask my surgeon to save the defective valve for me but he said there wasn't anything large enough to save after he got it out.

You look great and the angle of the pic your shiney new valve looks huge :) Sorry you got the UTI but thrilled you are better and home. Whenever Justin has surgery or other hosp stays,I realize once again how right Dorothy was with there is NO place like home.

Those are fabulous! Looks like a wonderful clean scar you're going to have, too. Nice neat stitching. Your color looks good, too--better circulation really shows.

Those are great pictures, glad your surgery went so well. I have a 23mm On X too so now I know what mine looked like before it was implanted. Wishing you a continued successful recovery. :)

Mmmm! The old valve looks like tortellini! :eek:
Glad that your surgery was successful!

Best,
Debi (debster913)

Hello Cameron,you have got some bottle mate to have photos to remind you,I am too much of a chicken I hope you are going to be realy well from now on.Good luck mate.

You look great, thanks for sharing. Wishing you a good continude recovery.

If your original valve is any indication of most defective specimens it's amazing how much pressure they can actually withstand.

Thanks for the photos!

BTW - I have the 19 mm On-X, time was of the essence when I crashed to attempt a larger implant...oh well.

The photos in the OR were taken by a good friend who used to be an OR nurse on the Heart Team at St. Paul's and who had worked often with my surgeon, Dr. Ling. She scrubbed and helped out with some of the minor stuff and popped in and out of the OR to give progress reports to my wife - kept her form going bananas! She had carte blanche to photo whatever she could and thought appropriate in the OR - she obviously drew the line at the full on open heart - for which I am grateful, but it is intersting to see what a nasty valve they took out and what a lovely nice new one they put in!
Cameron

Cameron, could you post those photos to an album here? click on userCP at the top left of this screen, and follow along.

I can just see you puting those photos in an album and sharing over Christmas dinner :D

Those are great photos. Thank you for sharing. My valve is bovine, but also 23mm. It just looks huge in your photo! Wow! I had no idea.

My husband refused to take any photos of me except after all the tubes were out and I had my huggy pillow on my chest, covering everything. And that one, just with his phone's camera. I hate the picture (I got very puffy from the meds at first), but he loves it (I'm alive!). As a result I'm always very curious to see all the tubes and whatnot of ICU because I have no memories of any of that.

Great scar!

Keep up the good recovery.

Marguerite

Latest posts

Back