Sleeping on Back: Pain in lower back/abdomen

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbdheartman

I was wondering if any else experienced similar pain when sleeping on the back. About 6 hours into sleeping on my back, I usually wake up because I have lower back pain and abdomen pain. It almost feels like the pain you get when you are really constipated. After I am up and about for an hour or so, the pain is gone. Does this sound familiar? Did you figure out any tricks on how to deal with the pain (legs up/pillows under back, etc.)? If so, what were they?

Thanks,

CBDHeartman

If you are sleeping on your back, you should have a pillow or two under your knees to avoid lower back pain. I don't know if the abdomen is related or not.

I used and am still using 1 or 2 pillows under my knees. No lower back pain or abdomen discomfort for me. Do you find you are sleeping more on your back now then before surgery? I know I am as sleeping on my sides is getter better but still not real comfortable.

Sleeping on my left side and back hurts really bad, and I get palpitations. Now I sleep on my right hugging a pilllow. I take a percocet before bed, because I wake up flat on my back in pain and have a real hard time getting out of bed if I don't take the percocet, tried tylenol extra strength, did nothing. I am one month out of surgery, I hope this gets better, or I'll be sleeping standing up...did the couch and chaise thing that was not any better.

Lower Back Pain can be caused by a Mattress that is either Too Hard OR Too Soft.

Have you tried sleeping in a Recliner?
MANY of our members reported that to be their best
option during the first few weeks following OHS.

(Long) Body Pillows were also reported as helpful.

OH MAN CBD,
did I have back pain. I have fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis in 3 places in my back, so go figure! I found that lying on my side with a pillow tucked under my lower back, would help me immensely. Hope you find relief.

Latest posts

Back