Sigh of Relief!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jklump

I will be 6 months post AVR next week. Everything has been great and without incident,almost. Last week my surgeon's office called and said "it's time for a 6 mo CAT of your chest" My comment, "What CAT scan??" I had a pre surgery CAT in January to check my Aorta for the aneurysm I had fixed along with the AVR. As a side bar,the CAT showed a 5mm nodule on my left lung. They wanted to do a 6mo follow up to see"if it had grown any"
Talk about scaring you to death!! The office called late yesteday afternoon and said
"call the office tomorrow and we will go over the results."(another uneasy night!)
After leaving a voicemail for them today, a PA called and said everything had remained the same, see you next year for another CAT. While this has been an un-nerving couple of days,I'm glad they are being proactive. I guess lung nodules are quite common , but they can become cancerous. I did smoke, but it's been 27 years!

A note for those in the waiting room:
I still think a little about the surgery, but it's not obsessive and not every day
Life is very normal....swing my driver as hard as possible 3 days a week
The scar is still there and will be, but looking much better.

jklump - You HAD to pass that test -- after all, you studied for it for a long time!

Glad all is well. I'm just a few days ahead of you (2/28/11 surgery), and feeling similarly good.

Glad to hear you got good report. Yes, it is very unnerving waiting to hear results on which so much rests.

Sounds like you're doing great. Keep up the good work. :)

Latest posts

Back