Side Pain?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danb1983

I'm feeling much better, and I'm walking outside for 30-40 minutes a day now - as well as walking around the house a lot, but yesterday evening I started to get a pain in my left side - especially when I breathed in a lot - this morning I think it's worse - I can no longer do the 3 balls on the spirometer thing - only like 2.5 and it gives a pain in my side - it might be just muscle pain, but I had some muscle pain a week ago around my chest and belly - all around the scar basically, and it went away... the pain now is in my lower left side - towards my back a bit more than my front, and it hurts to press on it too...

Is this anything to worry about or is it just an ache from sleeping funny or something like that?? I'm just starting to worry as instead of getting better overnight it's got worse, and wheras the muscle pain felt tense to touch, this hurts when I press on it...

Dan, when in doubt always run it by your cardio or surgeon. It may be just a muscle pain, but it is best to check it out.

dan go see your doc, remember its only around the 3 week mark after your op and your body is still aching after all the trauma its been through,i had aches and soreness for awhilst after op,but for peace of mind go to the docs,..........

Dan, I second what Cooker said. This could be a complication developing that needs attention sooner rather than later.

Kim

Prizes for Cooker and Kayf :)

I sorta knew something was up as I couldnt do the whole of the spirometer test anymore - which I could 2 weeks ago!

I emailed my nurse at the same time anyway, and got back an ominous response of "We need to see you this morning please." An hour later I was at the hospital!

An ecg, scan, and x-ray revealed it was fluid outside the lung on my left side - it was a mederate amount and they debated whether to put a drain in or to give me diaretics (spelling? ) - anyway, water tablets to help flush it out - as I seemed fine apart from that and wasn't out of breath they sent me home, told me to take one water tablet a day and come back in a week.

Decent result :) Panic Over :D

Dan ? Glad you got it taken care of ? anytime you get a feeling of extreme, unexplained fatigue it is time to call the doctor ? I developed peracarditis (fluid around the heart) and could hardly walk across the room, this was also solved with fluid pills ? another time the same fatigue set in and I was anemic, into the hospital overnight for three units of blood ? hope this solves your problem.

Glad you were able to see doc, always good to get checked, better to find the problem sooner then later, really hope those diuretic works for you and I'm sure they will. Take care, and keep us posted.

Strange thing was apart from feeling the pain on a deep breath and not being able to do the spirometer fully I felt okay - not short of breath, and could breathe normally without any pain.... strange how these things can creep up on you :) I only noticed it last nite! Ill let you all know how I get on anyways :)

Latest posts

Back