Side effects of drugs

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carol

I have read about lots of side effects about different drugs. Could you post how many of these have affected you. Metoprolol put me to sleep at 11am. Hydroclorothiazide made my hair fall out in bunches. It looked like I had a new golden retriever, I do not. Simvastatin made me so I could not walk,get out of a chair, get out of my car and gave me leg pain all night. I gave up on simvastatin and 3 months out I have improved. I tell Cardio who says it can not be from the drugs. How come I get better?On the htcz !I changed to lasix and take half the dose of metoprolol. I will try another statin now that I feel better. Why do they not believe us????

ANY statin drug such as Lipitor, Avrostatin, Simvastatin etc CAN cause muscle cramps I take CoQ10 to help. If you get an urge to scratch your ear with a foot it is not the Hydroclorothiazide but you should see a vet .....sorry I couldn't help myself. There are many great sites for drug interactions but I find dealing at ONE pharmacy they get to know you and you can ask anything.

Simvastatin gave me a lot of trouble with leg cramping, muscle aches, etc. It also caused my INR to elevate(above 4.0). Stoped that drug about three years ago. Aches, pains and INR elevation went away. I had been on several statins prior to simvastatin without success.....and my doc now agrees that, for me, the "cure may be worse than the disease"....and he no longer attempts to put me back on a statin.

Statins kick my butt as well, just cannot do them. In the past 6 months I have upper body deep tissue ache and pain, ,mostly arms.
My GP gives me prednisone which helps but it also has side effects.

Dr put me on pravastatn today. I said I would try another statin. I have been off 3 months. He want blood test in 6 weeks. I will know by then if I can walk. These drugs are murder.

I have been taking atorvastatin (generic Lipitor) for almost 2 years since surgery. At one point the muscle pain got pretty bad, so I just stopped the statin for a month. The pain subsided completely. After the month, I re-started the statin and so far, the pain hasn't returned. If it does, I will try the temporary stoppage again and see. This is not done at the suggestion of my doctor - just my own idea, since I consider the statin a drug for long-term maintenance, not momentary life or death, so I am willing to do without it for a time to reduce pain.

My DH was on one statin, and had to stop after just a few days, the cramps were so bad. He has genetically high cholesterol (not from OUR diets), and the doctor has started him on a different drug. So far, he's been on it a few weeks, and seems ok. But he has arthritis, and plays racquetball, so there's some soreness inherent in just being him. So far that has not been exaserbated.
But of course, I don't know the name of the drugs!

Latest posts

Back