Scar Sensitivity

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuzanneSLO

I'm almost 11 weeks post-op and find my scar is still very sensative to things like the shoulder belt when I drive, necklaces or button plackets. Direct pressure, such as when putting on lotion, is not an issue. Is this common or all in my head? -- Suzanne

Well here I am 2 years after mine and its sensitive.

My first operation was quite sensitive for years, twenty years later when it had settled down my second operation seemed to settleit more.

Now after my third I am going through what my first op was like.

It varies, so don't sweat it.

:)

Thanks for responding. I have been following your other thread and, of course, my sorta irritating scar is nothing compared to yours. I hope your finally getting some relief from the infection. -- Suzanne

Hi
Thanks for responding. I have been following your other thread and, of course, my sorta irritating scar is nothing compared to yours.

Well what I was meaning to say is that sometimes a surgery gives you a sensitive scar and sometimes it doesn't. To me it seems not just to be a person to person thing but also seems to change for that person at different times.

Strangely it is e bottom of the scar which is more sensitive this time.

After my first operation I just couldn't tolerate button shirts without a T-shirt under it.

Lucky I live near the beach :)

Scars are all different - not only in how they look, but also in how they feel. I speak from experience, as I have a rather modest collection of scars, both surgical and non-surgical. In my case, I am more likely to have numbness along and around a scar. The one that is different is my pacemaker - it is still easily irritated two and a half years later. Just the luck of the draw, and unless there is unusual redness or warmth, it probably means nothing special. Give it time.

My somewhat blue joke is that each new surgery brings a new erogenous zone but in the beginning it's only useful to a sadist or masochist, but with time...:)

I still have sensitivity at the top of my scar - really hurts to hug people and it's probably the wires.... but fortunately for me I'm not a hugger.... LOL :D

Back