Sam-E

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

witzkeyman

I tested myself a couple of times during 3 days (once at the cardiologist). both readings were 3.0 -BINGO!
I have been wanting to try Sam-E for mood stabilization.
I took it the next day at 8am. tested my INR at 3pm.
INR was 3.4.
So, I gather that Sam-E elevated my INR results.

I have never heard of something affecting your INR that quickly. Not to say Sam-E (whatever it is) won't affect your INR but it is unlikely that is why it was 3.4.

Incidentally, in the realm of things, 3.0 and 3.4 are virtually the same reading.

Warfarin works by slowing down the production of clotting factors. It does nothing to the ones that are already circulating. The life expectancy of the clotting factors averages several days. That is why warfarin couldn't change your INR in a matter of a few hours.

wietzkman:

A change in INR from 3.0 to 3.4 isn't even enough to wonder about. INR fluctuates all the time. I assume your range is 2.0 to 3.0. Many folks here have a range of 2.5 to 3.5, and some have a range of 3.0 to 4.0.

If you tested your INR 5 times in a 24 hour period, I'll bet you would get different results most of the time...with or without Sam-E.

Your 3.4 INR is just fine. No worries. Just keep on keeping on.

Kind regards,
Blanche

thanks for asking. I switched to Coumadin instead of the generic Jantoven and the rash cleared up. still not sure if one had anything to do with the other.

Latest posts

Back