Robin Williams

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No matter whether he is famous or not famous. I wish him all the best and hope that he has a wonderful recovery. He is going to be feeling exactly like all the rest of those who undergo this difficult surgery.

He had a lot of work done on his heart, aortic valve, mitral repair and if I read between the lines, possibly a Maze procedure for abnormal rhythms.

So, he'll be a sore dude for quite a while.

It sounds like things went wonderfully for him. I still hope he will find us and say hello!!

Best wishes to him! Wonder if he bought himself a recliner!! :p;) Don't suppose we can expect to see him in a Tawdry Shirt, but hey..... it seems like something he might actually find pretty damn comical!! Bob!! (Tobagotwo).. have you got any left? Send one off to his publicist with an invite to honor us with a pose!!

Has anyone heard what kind of valve he got?? I'm anxious to see if there will be cow jokes!! :D

Marguerite

I think that was about when Mee left which was a shame since he was the best in the world by far for one of the CHD surgeries.

There's a reason why McCarthy left too. None of us will ever know the exact nature of all that goes on, but I'm sure most of us would be rather unhappy about it.

All Mee would say , to parents whose babies/ kids had 1 or 2 surgeries in a 3 surgery repairs who then had to find a new hospital, was the politics

All Mee would say , to parents whose babies/ kids had 1 or 2 surgeries in a 3 surgery repairs who then had to find a new hospital, was the politics

Yeap, Roger was one of the finest as were some of the others. All of this stuff is becoming much too corrupt, yet it's under the guise of interest of science when in reality, it's in interest of some stock portfolios.

Yea! I loved it when they also (media) said Mrs. Bush would be out of the hospital in a few days and resume her normal activities! LOL! My husband laughed! I said well she must be in better shape than I was! Unless you have walked the walk, you can't talk the talk!

:eek: Robin McFurry Williams - (born July 21, 1951 in Chicago, Illinois) is an incredibly hairy, spittle projecting, somewhat humorous and talented American actor and comedian who has had starring roles on television, stage, and film. He is also known to eat babies. :rolleyes:

His two best movies in my opinion are; Goodmorning Vietman, and Patch Adams. This guy is halarious. This next paragraph sums him up nicely;

:eek: Robin McFurry Williams - (born July 21, 1951 in Chicago, Illinois) is an incredibly hairy, spittle projecting, somewhat humorous and talented American actor and comedian who has had starring roles on television, stage, and film. He is also known to eat babies. :rolleyes:

Yea yea I know I posted this before but if the shoe fits

It sounds like things went wonderfully for him. I still hope he will find us and say hello!!

Best wishes to him! Wonder if he bought himself a recliner!! :p;) Don't suppose we can expect to see him in a Tawdry Shirt, but hey..... it seems like something he might actually find pretty damn comical!! Bob!! (Tobagotwo).. have you got any left? Send one off to his publicist with an invite to honor us with a pose!!

Has anyone heard what kind of valve he got?? I'm anxious to see if there will be cow jokes!! :D

Marguerite

IF I remeber right he has quite a few tawdry shirts of his own, maybe he could donate some.

I sure wish Robin the best! I am curious as to what type of valve he had implanted. I did not realize the surgery was that extensive. I heard it was only the aortic valve.

Yes, I've notice that the media plays down the surgery! Well, I'm a 57yr old female, was basically asymptomatic , and in pretty good shape. I agree with Ross, it sure took the wind out of my sails! It's been one yr in Feb, and I'm still not quite back yet!

Best of luck to Robin, and Barbara!

Were trying to find who has all the tawdry shirts. Please, if any of you reading this have one, please contact tobagotwo or myself so that we can pass the right of tawdry along to other new patients. There is a log and pictures with the original shirts and some of you are bogarting them.

AAAAACK! :eek: Lalalalalalalalalala I can't heeeeear yooooooou! I'm going in for surgery tomorrow. I don't want to be out of commission for a year! Lalalalalalalala......!

Ross: (translation) "We have pictures. We know who you are, tawdry-shirt-stealers. Hand 'em over!!" (ROFL)

What a joke. I took my full 12 week short term leave and then have the summer off as a teacher. I can't even imagine right now at day 14 post op going back to work.

Same here, lilteach. I had my AVR February 1st and didn't go back to teaching until the following August. I had a smooth recovery but the extended time off and cardiac rehab really helped.

deogloria - I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. GOOD LUCK!

Cheers,
Michelle

Best wishes deogloria......my friend ....a dentist ....was off work one month and one week following AVR....as stated above.....everyone is different.

I had read that he needed the surgery but didn't see anything in the paper until today. Glad he made it over the mountain and is recovering. I doubt even he was doing comedy 2 hrs after OHS. We all know the truth of what he is going through. I had also read that his brother died during OHS a couple of years ago so that must have been on his mind too.
In any case I have always enjoyed his work and wish him only the best.

Latest posts

Back