Robin sighted ........................

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lance

First robin of the season perched on a tree branch in the back yard.:D
Pancake breakfast to-morrow in the town hall.:D
Saps running, sugaring off has begun.:D
It's spring:D:D:D

We have seen several flocks ... they seem to stop in to feed on there way to wherever they are going but it's nice to see them hopping around and the daffodils are in bloom ... in the 70's today so I guess spring is pushing it's way in ... Hurray!!!

A couple of weeks ago, I saw two robins in my yard, so Spring is coming. Another sure sign is the aroma of skunk lingering in the air in the morning. Spring is mating time for skunks, I guess, or at least foraging time. The resident bunny rabbit has been hopping around in the back yard too. But still have lots of snow. I think next week will be warm, so the snow should be pretty much gone then.

When I walk the dog in the early morning, I can hear the song birds now. It feels good to see Mother Nature awakening.

If there are any birds here they are hiding from the rain,thunder and lightning. We are also expecting hail here today. I am sick of winter and rain. Easter Sunday is only 23 days away. My grandaughters all want cute springy dresses. They may be wearing their Christmas outfits.

We are anxiously waiting for Robins and Canada Geese.........Maple sap is running and being boiled for syrup this week. YUMMO.
And we have had 3 nights of skunk spray this week. They must be fighting with stray cats ?

I finally saw two robins in my yard today. It has been absolutely beautiful out all week. So glad spring is here. I was so sick of all the snow and cold. Especially the cold. Finally all the snow that got dumped on us in february here is gone.

The first painted turtle made his way up from the mud in the company pond on Monday, and crawled out onto the rocks, basking all by himself in a thin stream of weak sunlight for an hour or more. On Tuesday, I counted eight, and the sun shone on them for almost two hours. The Turtles of Spring.

Best wishes,

I'm not familiar with robins, and I don't know if we get many in Texas. We do get lots of cardinals, but I haven't seen those yet.
I'm waiting on my iris to start blooming -- alas, mine are mid- to late season ones. And we've had soooooooooooo much rain/snow since last fall that it looks like we'll have a very colorful spring with plenty of bluebonnets (Texas' state flower) and Indian paintbrushes. Most people in Texas hit the highways to see the bluebonnets on the roadways and take lots of photos of kids sitting amid the flowers. I'll probably be able to rent our yard out for photo ops this year!

The first painted turtle made his way up from the mud in the company pond on Monday, and crawled out onto the rocks, basking all by himself in a thin stream of weak sunlight for an hour or more. On Tuesday, I counted eight, and the sun shone on them for almost two hours. The Turtles of Spring.

Best wishes,

That is great news. We are always thrilled when we see the first Painteds or Snappers out scouting for egg laying sites.

We've been seeing robins here for the last several weeks.

Marsha, one of the places robins winter is in south Texas.
We miss the beautiful TX bluebonnets, although we never had many in our part of west TX. We like traveling in your area and the TX hill country during the spring.

Back