Researching VALVULOPLASTY again

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALCapshaw2

I'm looking for current / recent information on Valvuloplasty (especially for the Mitral Valve).
I'm particularly interested in how the procedure is done, how well/how long it works, and WHO are the most experienced / successful practicioneers.
Does anyone know of good / successful practioneers in the SE USA?

'AL'

I don't have the information you seek, but I did want to reply and mention that your presence has been missed on the site. Best wishes, and I hope you find what you seek in your valvuloplasty research.

I don't have the information you seek, but I did want to reply and mention that your presence has been missed on the site. Best wishes, and I hope you find what you seek in your valvuloplasty research.
Same here. I don't have the information you're looking for , but I want to say WELCOME BACK !

I'm looking for current / recent information on Valvuloplasty (especially for the Mitral Valve).
I'm particularly interested in how the procedure is done, how well/how long it works, and WHO are the most experienced / successful practicioneers.
Does anyone know of good / successful practioneers in the SE USA?

'AL'

Good to see you post. As Duffy said, you are missed on this site! I always appreciate your sage advice and insight. I hope all is well with you.

Have you seen this clinical trial that was started at Duke. Unfortunately, it was terminated due to insufficient numbers. Perhaps, you could check with Duke? If I find anything else I will be sure to post. http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00608140

Another here who welcomes you back, Al. You've been missed.

I'm sorry I am unable to help with your question and sorry if your return here indicates you are having 'issues'.

Really wish I could help you with your quest Al and I hope you can find the answers you seek.

But I too have to say it's sure is nice to see you again, you have been missed.......greatly.

Thank you all (Duffey, nngbwh, ottagal, Jkm7, Freddie) for the Kind Words and Welcome. They are appreciated.

A nurse I know informed me that valvuloplasty is a 'mixed blessing' in that it can open up a narrowed valve but the down-side is that the closing is not as good and there can be increased leakage (regurgitation / insufficiency) which can cause residual problems. Bottom Line: it appears not to be generally recommended, especially if there is regurgitation already present.

'AL'

Although this is not exactly south EAST, it is south. There are a few members who have had Dr. William Ryan as their surgeon for a mitral valve repair, and he seems to be the best. There is a member called MaryC who had him as a surgeon.

Back