Reops with mechanical valve

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wondering why On-X wouldn't make the sleeve with the valve (??) If it's a necessary part of a valve replacement procedure, seems to me that this is kind of a negligent omission on the part of a valve manufacturer!

The Sleeve is ONLY used when it is necessary to replace the Root / near part of the AORTA, usually due to an Aneurism.

It is NOT used for 'simple' Valve Replacement (with ANY Valve, regardless of type or manufacturer).

On-X is working on a combined Valve and Aorta Graft but it is not ready to be marketed.
In the mean time, it is a fairly simple procedure for the Surgeon to Sew an Aortic Graft to an On-X Valve.
Some of our members have this very arrangement (young Brian in Southern California is one).

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wondering why On-X wouldn't make the sleeve with the valve (??) If it's a necessary part of a valve replacement procedure, seems to me that this is kind of a negligent omission on the part of a valve manufacturer!

What do you mean by "negligent omission"?. A car requires an engine and a transmission in order to function completely. If I am a company that provides new engines to replace old worn out engines, Am I guilty of "negligent omission" if I don't also sell transmissions? :confused:

What do you mean by "negligent omission"?. A car requires an engine and a transmission in order to function completely. If I am a company that provides new engines to replace old worn out engines, Am I guilty of "negligent omission" if I don't also sell transmissions? :confused:

Looks like I had a misunderstanding about the nature of different valve procedures. Note that I did qualify my remark about "negligent omission" . . .if the sleeve isn't required for all valve replacements then it wouldn't apply. Forgive my confusion on the subject----but then, that's why I asked.

Latest posts

Back