Relaxation

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big_L

My dear wife purchased this book for me (I'm 10 days pre-surgery). I've ordered the CD and expect it later this week.

In the meantime, I Google this up. (scroll down for the files)

I've been listening to the 'before surgery....mp3' file for a day or so. Wow, maybe it's all in my head (ha, ha), but this is really helping me relax. I'm a scientist, and skepticism tends to be a close partner. Having said that, I'm open to anything that helps me get through this.

I'm finding the Kenneth Blake "before surgery induction" to help me the most, at least the first 10 minutes of it. I've edited that file down to ~ 10 minutes and combined it with this "Dream Sleep" album on the same playlist. The ocean sounds are very relaxing.

Hi Big L, I am reading this book also. I just got my date- 10/8- and know this will help. like you, I am a scientist (pediatrician) but I am open to think that our minds and feelings are chemically driven and therefore anything that helps the parasympathetic and immune system is good enough for me. I KNOW this will help you.
Good luck on the 23rd!

Latest posts

Back