Recommendation For Cardiologist In Joliet/chicago Land

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KAJ

My identical twin brother very much wants to know if he has a bicuspid aortic valve and maybe an ascending aortic aneurysm. He asked his primary care doctor about it. Our thinking is that since I (had) them, he probably does as well. If he has an aneurysm, he may be at more at risk than I was because he has high blood pressure (I do not). He told his doctor about me. The doctor told him he had a murmur but said my brother was fine. My brother was persistent but had gotten no where.

This evening my brother called to say he changed doctors and saw the new one today. The new doctor felt there was probably nothing to be concerned about. However, he also acknowledged it was important to get an answer as to what was causing the murmur, if nothing else, for a peace of mind. He agreed to send him to a cardiologist. The problem is that that cardiologist he recommended is not on my brothers insurance.

Here is my question. Do those of you live in Joliet/Chciago area have any recommendations for a cardiologist? My brother is going take the list back to his doctor and see if he knows any of them. In the meantime, I told him I would see if of my fellow valver friends have any recommendations.

Thanks,
Karl

Well, Karl, Joliet seems like another time zone from me, but my "favorite" cardio is Dr. Michael Rosenberg, at Advocate/Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge. I'd give him high marks for knowledge and patient rapport.

My cardiologist is Dr. Clifford Kavinsky at Rush University in Chicago. My surgeon was Dr. Robert March, also at Rush. I very strongly recommend both of these fine doctors, and would further recommend that whatever your brother does, he end up at a major heart center hospital.

I had my surgery at Edward Heart Hospital in Naperville. I highly recommend both Dr. Michael O'Toole, my usual cardiologist, and Dr. Stanley Clark, who specializes in interventional cardiology and adult congenital heart disease and TEEs. Dr. Clark did my work up just prior to surgery, and followed me in the hospital along with the cardiac surgeon. Both are also affiliated with Loyola, but I sure enjoyed the convenience and better staffing of Edward Hospital in Naperville. Good luck.

Dr. P. McCarthy at NW

Dr. P. McCarthy at NW

There is no better surgeon anywhere, so a call to his office will
set you up with a cardiologist that you can have complete confidence in.

I would like to thank all of you for responses :). It sounds like there are several very good doctors in that area. Hopefully at least a couple of them will be on his insurance. I will let you know if anything develops from this.

Thanks again,

Karl

KAJ said:
My identical twin brother very much wants to know if he has a bicuspid aortic valve and maybe an ascending aortic aneurysm. He asked his primary care doctor about it. Our thinking is that since I (had) them, he probably does as well. If he has an aneurysm, he may be at more at risk than I was because he has high blood pressure (I do not). He told his doctor about me. The doctor told him he had a murmur but said my brother was fine. My brother was persistent but had gotten no where.

This evening my brother called to say he changed doctors and saw the new one today. The new doctor felt there was probably nothing to be concerned about. However, he also acknowledged it was important to get an answer as to what was causing the murmur, if nothing else, for a peace of mind. He agreed to send him to a cardiologist. The problem is that that cardiologist he recommended is not on my brothers insurance.

Here is my question. Do those of you live in Joliet/Chciago area have any recommendations for a cardiologist? My brother is going take the list back to his doctor and see if he knows any of them. In the meantime, I told him I would see if of my fellow valver friends have any recommendations.

Thanks,
Karl

I also lived in the SW suburbs of Chicago and my Cardiologist was Dr. Sreekanth of Olympia Fields. My surgeon was Dr. Blakeman also out of Olympia Fields. He performed the minimally invasive procedure to replace my Aortic Valve. Two years later, you have to look very closely to see the surgery scar - about the size of my little finger and razor thin. Luckily, I'm a man an the chest hair covers it up. Good luck! Both are highly recommended.

Latest posts

Back