Rambling thoughts on my anniversary day.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rain, congratulations on your four year anniversary. I sincerely hope you have many, many more. Your beautiful post makes me realize just how important our children and grandchildren are to us. We need to tell them more often.

While driving home from our log cabin at the lake this afternoon I noticed a bumper sticker that read "Don't Postpone Joy." It also made me realize how often we get through each day planning what we will do next. Our to-do lists fill up rather quickly-- always thinking of tomorrow instead of today.

Joy is found in small, minute things-- soft rain, gently falling snow,the beautiful flowers that are now blooming, the smile on a child's face, the light in their eyes, and the enduring quality of true friends--not in great achievement.

I've read that the medical profession reports that people with joy in their lives desire to live longer fuller lives.

I've come to understand that "Joy" is a gift from God. We must open our hearts to receive this special offering.

Rain, it sounds like you have found that special "joy."

hi rain!
that was such a beautifully written post; it brought tears to my eyes.
you really phrased it all so sensitively; it truly touched me. it says who you are.

i am sooooo thrilled to hear the good news about ryan. you must feel such relief, i know i would!

i will miss you terribly this year at the reunion. think of me when you are all having a drink and sitting around goofing (any beds in lobbies?)

thanks again for that wonderful post and i'm so glad to hear things are going well.
keep feeling great!
-sylvia

Hey Rain, congrats to you on this big milestone. Wishing you tons more!
--John

Hey Rain,
What a neat post. You need to be doing more of that for us. I am just now getting to all the posts I have missed while I was gone.

Congratulations on your 4th Anniversary and hope you have many more.

That is good news about Ryan. I hope that everything works out for him.
I am like Jim L. and hope we still get to meet him in Golden.

Take Care

Rain

Rain

Congrats on your four years. things do happen as time passes. I miss my mother also. I lost her the year I had surgery. She had died just a few days before my birthday and felt her with me when I had surgery. You keep hanging in there your little one. Take care.

Caroline
09-13-01
Aortic valve replacement
St. Jude's valve

Wow! Four years, what an inspiration! I think it takes going through the surgery to appreciate what life is about. I don't think too many people in my family will remember my surgery date after the first year has come and gone...and I'm still waiting for that. I'm so glad to hear the news about your son. May you both have many more wonderful years!!!!
Love,
Heather

Thanks everyone!

Thanks everyone!

Thanks everyone. I appreciate all your thoughts about my Ryan too. He?s a pretty special kid. I don?t know if I can get him down to Golden or not, but I?m gonna try. He?s got his weekends planned out for I think about the next three years!! Oh, to be a single twenty year old college kid... lol So many things to do, places to see, mountains to climb. Somehow visiting with Mom is not a big priority sometimes. lol

I have to correct myself on my older son?s bigest, badest bridge ever. I made the mistake of calling it an ?expansion? bridge to him on the phone the other night. He said, ?Mom.... where did that come from?? :confused: LOL Well, ya know.. ?pansion, ?pension ... kinda has the same ring to it. :p Anyway.. it?s not even just a suspension bridge.. it?s also a pre-cast segmental bridge. ?It?ll be the world's first single-tower self-anchored suspension span and some of the largest and heaviest components ever seen in bridge-building.? :D I knew it was special. :) After all, it?s ?Eric?s Bridge?... just ask Sara. :D

Latest posts

Back