Quit job Friday

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Four days to go and I'm out of there. Wal Mart is sounding better all the time! The office manager is trying her best to talk to out of quiting but I sent in my resignation Friday or so I thought. She said that HR had not got it so I sent it in again today. Today was a day from hell. The two doctors saw 72 patients today. It was so unreal. I didn't get off work until 6:00.
I didn't sleep well at all last night (even with the Ambein). I think it was the anticipation of having to go to work this morning. I do like working the evening hours so much better. This getting up at 5:00 in the morning is awful. I have never been a morning person.

Glad you are getting out of that situation. I am retiring on July 23rd and even though I will lose one third of my pay it will be worth it. I have been doing 2 peoples jobs for 9 months and now my other co-worker is on 6 weeks sick leave and I am stuck with her job and I am on call 7 days every 21 days. I also cannot seem to sleep except on Friday and Saturday nights when I am not on call. I hope you enjoy staying home at least for a while and relaxing.

Sounds like they are deliberately bureaucratizing ("losing") your resignation, hoping you'll stay longer. It's plainly an untenable situation for you or anyone. Don't let them buffalo you into staying even one extra day. The sooner they lose you, the sooner they'll be forced to make the changes that they didn't make before, when you were picking up all their slack. At some point later, when you go through there, you'll see nurses pick up the phones and people doing what they should have been doing all along.

You want to help people, and when you're jammed into a spot that gives you no leeway to do that, there's no point to it. You need some recouperation time. If you decide to do some form of work again, be sure it will suit you as much as them. And if they get too demanding, show them the gate.

Otherwise, you're much better off playing with Sugar, spending time with your family, gardens, and firends. Get out that Brush Hog and work out some of those frustrations. There are a lot of ways you can help people away from the hospital setting, and you'll last a lot longer doing it.

And everyone here wants you to last a lot longer.

Very best wishes,

Last edited:
The daytime main charge nurse called me from General Surgery this afternoon and said she had heard a rumor and was it true regarding me quiting the clinic and I told her "yes." She asked me if I was still going to prn on General Surgery when they needed me and I said yes. Well low and behold they need me on Monday and Tuesday of next week from 2-11. I think the prn might me a good thing because if I don't want to work I can tell them no. I really do like the evening hours better and my husband has agreed that I'm a lot happier working those hours. Like I'v said before I'm a night owl. I could stay up all night. I still plan to volunteer in ICU on most Saturday's, maybe even move back to the Wednesday'slot like I did before. The secretary in ICU is expecting in June and now maybe I can fill in for her for the six weeks she is off for maternity leave. Things will work out, they always do.

I have fell in love with my little dog "Sugar," but how in the world do you potty train a seven year old dog? I'll take her outside and she'll walk around for over 30 minutes and then come inside and do her job. Little stinker! ! We live on a farm a long way from the road but I haven't turned her completely lose to roam by herself yet. I'm afraid she might run away and I've got way too much invested in her to lose her now. I've tried all the tricks that everyone suggested , just doesn't work with her.

Does this mean I have to take my glass out of the freezer? I was planning on having a cold one in your honor of your last day of work. Ah heck, I'll toast to you in honor of you getting the job you love.

Now as far Sugar goes...... it's kinda like reverse of paper training, but it worked for me. After Sugar pee's in the house, set some newspaper on it - let the paper soak it up, but do not discard it, so don't crunch it up. Instead take it outside where you want "Sugar" to go. Use some large rocks to hold the paper down in the corners. You may want to slightly rub one rock on the wet paper.

So the next time you take her out, slowly guide her to the 'paper', she may smell it and be drawn to it. Dogs like to mark their area and if the smell is getting weak "Sugar" may want freshen it up. In time you'll be able to remove the paper since the ground will have her smell.

Congrats and Good Luck

I have fell in love with my little dog "Sugar,"

CONGRATULATIONS on the new dog, Glenda.

And, for the record, the person I met in September ... the same one pictured in your avatar with me ... and the same one that quit the job due to stress ... is NOT a failure.

So ... how was your last day today???

:)

Cort | 36.m.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker
MCs.Caprice | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RTs.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"I should've started running a long, long time ago" ... Chris Daughtry ... 'Over You'

Thanks for saying that Cort. My last day is tomorrow, Friday and I'm countng the hours. I've got a chest/head cold this morning and I sure don't feel good today but I would hate to call in on my last two days, but I feel awful this morning. I'll get some Advil and some Mucinex down me and hopefully get feeling better. My allergies have been terrible this year. We have seen so many children at the cinic with allergy problems.

Yeah! ! Last day. If I could have clicked my heal's together as I went out door I would have! I am so glad to be leaving that job. They even let me leave early since both doctor's were gone this afternoon. I never knew I could be so stressed. I didn't know I had it made im General Surgery and I like the evening hours so much better. A denitst's office called me yesterday wanting me to come in and interview for the Financial Coordinator position for their office. I just got back from that interveiw a few minutes ago. I think it would be another stessfull job. They work 10 hours a day and are off every Monday. That sounded nice but I don't think it's for me. I really would like to get back on at the hosptial. I'll just have to wait and see. Maybe they will use me more in prn positions which is kinda nice because I can acutally tell them "no" if I don't want to work when they call. Oh well, I'll just wait to see what happens. In the mean time we may travel up to see some friends of ours in Texas and then go out to see our grandson in Chicago.

Bless your heart, Glenda. If YOU quit, then it must have been really, really bad because you are a giver and wouldn't just up and quit without a good reason. Now you can just rest up, do your stuff that you enjoy and if you need something else, the door will open. You know what it says about one door closing.......... Blessins.....

Thanks for saying that Cort.

You are welcome, Glenda! :)

In the mean time we may travel up to see some friends of ours in Texas and then go out to see our grandson in Chicago.

*raises eyebrow curiously*

You better let me know when you are in Chicagoland.......would be great to see you again! :)

Cort | 36.m.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker * 07/24/2010=ChitownMeet #3 *
MCs.Caprice | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RTs.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Push the pedal down watch the world around fly by us" ... Mat Kearney ... 'Nothing Left To Lose'

Cort I think it will the sometime in October. My daughter & her husband left yesterday at 4:00 am and I already miss her like crazy. We plan to fly to Chicago and stay a few days with my Grandson and then he will fly over with us to Hawaii. Anyway that's the plans for now. That could change! Are you on a summer road trip?

Are you on a summer road trip?

Nope ... I wish, though..... :(.

Anyway ... sounds good. I should be around in October. I don't have any plans to go anywhere that month, at least, not right now ;). Just let me know as soon as you know the dates you'll be in town...and we'll go from there!

Cort | 36.m.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker * NoreastrTrekRT=Aug2010 *
"Nothing could be finer" ... Girls Next Door ... 'Slow Boat To China'

It will probably be around the first of October. I'll let you know for sure. My grandson lives on LaSalle Street right downtown Chicago. It's just a few blocks from the bank where he works. He lives in a brand new high rise apartment. I think he is on the 21st floor. I can't imagine, but he loves it in Chicago. We will probably drive to Kansas City and fly to Chicago and stay with him for a couple of days and then fly from Chicato straight through to Hawaii. He plans to go with us.

I "penciled" you in for ~October 1, Glenda! Will be great to see you again!

I can't stand the city...lol. But, I know many people, like your grandson, LOVE city life. Me, not so much. I hate traffic. ;) Good that he will join you going to Hawaii.

Cort | 36.m.IL | 5 Monte Carlos.1 Caprice Classic | pig valve.pacemaker * 07/24/2010=ChitownMeet #3 *
MCs.CC | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"I ain't ready for the junkyard yet" ... George Jones ... 'I Don't Need Your Rocking Chair'

This is the time of your life to be thinking just about you......I realized after my surgery I was going right back to the same 10 hour days . I look forward to the day that I can retire, work is no longer important to me. . I am 57 now, want to go out at 62. I was give a second chance at life and I'm doing it my way this time.....play with your Dog, and be happy!!! Godspeed.

I was in similar 'meltdown' mode myself a few years ago - after 17 years with a local government office - and finally had enough of the 'boys club' and politics. Quit, took a job through a temp agency (was taken on permanently after 4 months) and have loved it ever since. I didn't realize just how stressed out I had been until I left. I still can't get over how nice everyone is here...over 2 years and still no one has yelled at me for things I had nothing to do with!

Good luck to you!

Tass

Latest posts

Back