Quit job Friday

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenda

Well I went and did it. I quit my job this last Friday. My last day will be April 21st. I got so stressed out Friday that I thought I was having a full blown heart attack. My check felt like someone was sitting on it and my left arm and through my shoulders were killing me. I was getting sick at my stomach and I thought to myself "oh no!" I popped a few nitro pills and they calmed me down. We had over 60 patients, the majority of them Mexican that I couldn't communicate with. I was checking them in as best I could and checked them out as best I could. The five phone lines were going crazy with people wanting to make or cancel an appointment. I filed over a 100 charts that some of the others could have helped me file but wouldn't. We have four nurses and a tech and none of them would pick up the phones. I gave the wrong lab order to a patient's mother, she had even looked at the form and said okay. When she took her child to the lab at the hospital they called us and said it was the wrong person. That is a HIPA violation, even though there wasn't any information on the form itself, so I got wrote up for that. I just can't take this stress anymore. I'm not sleeping, I'm eating like a horse. I tend to do that when I get stressed. The office manager that hired me completely understood, in fact down deep she is probably glad that I quit. I told her maybe I just need to become a greeter at Wal Mart, maybe I could handle that. I'm still PRN on the General Surgery floor so maybe something else will open up there. I'm not going to worry about it. My daughter that we were helping every month has finally landed a pretty good job. Now if she can get on her own we will have it made. I will do something but I'm not going to hurry into it. I'm going to enjoy working in my yard and flowers, playing with my new dog, etc. I can get back to volunteering in ICU which I love!

No job is worth that kind of stress. It sounds like they need more help in the department you were working in, and are too cheap to pay another person. So, I say, "Good for you!" Something else more suitable will come up. Meanwhile enjoy your new free time.

Glenda, Life is too short and you have been through too much to put yourself through that kind of stress. Enjoy your time off. Something else will come up that will work better for you.

Some times you just have to say hey....

For everything you've dealt with so far in life, I don't blame you in the least. I probably wouldn't have lasted that long.

Happy to hear you put a stop to dealing with that kind of stress. We all know that cannot be good for your health. Enjoy your garden and family and life in general. Best wishes.

As others have posted, no job is worth you getting sick over. Your health & your life comes first! Anything else is trivial and has a solution. Enjoy some time off....get destressed and then if you're ready to join the workforce, look for something that you can manage without getting so stressed out.

P.S. Have you thought perhaps of filing for disability thru Social Security? With all your present and past health problems Glenda, I'm almost sure that with a good attorney you would have no problem in qualifying. You've put in your time and you have paid into the system for years.....let them take care of you now.

Glenda, you are so right to listen to your gut instinct, and it is obviously telling you to stop and take a breath. That job sounds very very stressful. Good for you, enjoy you free time, life is waaay too short. Im happy for you. x

Thanks once again eveyone. You always know the right thing to say to make me feel better. I cried all the way home from work Friday. I really felt like such a failure. The job in General Surgery was stressfull but didn't even hold a candle to the one at the clinic. I even liked the evening shift so much better. My husband has realized he made a mistake in talking me into quiting in General Surgery. Jean I'm already get Social Security. I'l be 67 in June. I was working because I love to be around people, I love to help people and I feel like I need to keep my mind acitive. Also with us helping our daughter every month, we really needed the extra income. Oh well, I sincerely believe God has some place for me and it might just be to stay home!

Thanks once again eveyone. You always know the right thing to say to make me feel better. I cried all the way home from work Friday. I really felt like such a failure. The job in General Surgery was stressfull but didn't even hold a candle to the one at the clinic. I even liked the evening shift so much better. My husband has realized he made a mistake in talking me into quiting in General Surgery. Jean I'm already get Social Security. I'l be 67 in June. I was working because I love to be around people, I love to help people and I feel like I need to keep my mind acitive. Also with us helping our daughter every month, we really needed the extra income. Oh well, I sincerely believe God has some place for me and it might just be to stay home!

Well you fooled me girl.....you don't look a day over 60....I swear! LOL!

You did the right thing......sit back & relax for a while & maybe do some volunteer work if you're still itching to be around ppl! :)

Glenda, you are so right to quit. As everyone has said, no job is worth your health. You do not need the stress, that is for sure. Stay home and enjoy your puppy!

Dear Glenda the Good, First let me apologize for getting Eddie's name wrong. My memory just isn't that reliable these days. The job sounds terrible! You certainly did the right thing quitting. I am so glad you are out of there! I have faith that things will work out for you, and am happy to think of you back in the garden, and riding the tractor. Sending a hug, your valve brother, Brian

Boy do I know that feeling of failure when quitting a job, but you do have to remember that your better off with out it - have to think of yourself.

Now go and enjoy them flowers and that new puppy of yours.

Stay Happy.

Glenda, I think I do know how you feel. This week I sent in my official request to retire my RN license. I've been debating it for quite a while and still have to keep reminding myself that if circumstances change I can reverse the process. I think you did the right thing and, even though you will probably miss parts of your job, you really don't need any new health problems from the stress.

If your really want to get back at society, apply at the Department of Motor Vehicles. I always vowed after working in sales, that was going to be my next position.

Latest posts

Back